Chapter 19: Spotlight

Extra warning: In this chapter, a certain character says some stuff that could potentially be OOC for them and be hurtful. This is why I would like to underline once again that I'm only using their name, and have no association with the actor intended nor do I have any dislike for said actor. This is a fictional work, whatever follows is all for drama!

---

"This was not how I imagined spending my Saturday afternoon, at all," nong Art said in an amused tone, voice a little bit robotic through the video call. "Not that I'm complaining," she added after a soft giggle, like an afterthought.

Gulf glanced at the phone in the corner of his eye. Even through the bad video quality, he could clearly make out the smirk on the girl's face. He would regret getting her involved in this, if it wasn't his own choice. He needed a second (third, since his outfit had been chosen by a stylist) opinion after all, seeing as today was an important event.

"You've just been making backhanded comments this entire time," Mild answered the girl with an ease that only he could have. The two had only become acquainted mere minutes ago, over the phone as well, yet he treated her like they were life-long friends. Tilting Gulf's head towards the side, showing nong Art his work, he frowned. "You should've just hired a professional make-up artist, nong," he said to Gulf, "I can't work miracles."

Laughter came from the other side of the phone. "Or he should've thought twice before letting himself be marked up like that," nong Art said smugly. "honestly, phi Gulf, do you have any shame?"

Ignoring the burning of his cheek, Gulf looked right at the camera. "It was for a scene," he said stubbornly.

Somehow, both Mild and nong Art managed to make the same kind of humming sound simultaneously. One that made it clear he's not being believed at all. Mild grinned at the girl over the phone. "It's been a pleasure getting to know you, nong Art," he addressed her, "I feel like we're bound to become great friends."

"Likewise," nong Art replied, "we, the protect-Gulf-at-all-costs squad should stick together."

Gulf said nothing as the two grew silent; Mild trying his best at hiding the red marks on his neck while Art watched him work, making comments here and there. After a while, phi Mild leaned back, holding the brush away from his canvas like he was an artist by profession assessing his work.

"Do one more layer with powder, and then put on some setting spray," Nong Art's robotic voice spoke up, "You should just wear a scarf, phi Gulf, it's a lost cause."

Gulf nodded. He'd been thinking the same thing.

"You'll keep an eye on him on the award show, right, phi Mild?" nong Art asked. "Make sure he doesn't get attacked by a fierce animal again."

"It's not that bad!" Gulf groaned, lightly. Even through all the foundation, he could still see his skin turn red as the blush appeared again.

"You're turning into a tomato, that's how hard you are blushing! I can see it through the phone!" his female friend didn't give him a break. Gulf ignored her, which only caused her to laugh loudly. "Send me a picture when it's done! Of all of you!"

When Mild nodded and promised her to do so, adding that she could just follow the show on tv, Gulf let himself relax in the chair again. He closed his eyes, trying to get rid of the blood in his cheeks and focus his attention on something else.

Mild didn't seem to want to let him sit in peace. "Seriously, there are some things I did not want to know about Mew, this being one of them."

Gulf wasn't sure when he'd last heard his nong laugh so loud. But it seemed like today, she just wouldn't stop.