Thoughtful Richard Blacksmith-A Random Short Story

Richard Blacksmith was thinking about Dan Ferguson again. Dan was a hungry brute with ugly legs and fat arms. Richard walked over to the window and reflected on his wild surroundings. He had always loved urban Exeter with its thirsty, thoughtless trees. It was a place that encouraged his tendency to feel happy. Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the hungry figure of Dan Ferguson.

Richard gulped. He glanced at his own reflection. He was a thoughtful, spiteful, tea drinker with big legs and skinny arms. His friends saw him as an angry, annoying devil. Once, he had even brought a lively old lady back from the brink of death. But not a thoughtful person who had once brought a lively old lady back from the brink of death, was prepared for what Dan had in store today.

The rain hammered like running dogs, making Richard mad. Richard grabbed a giant teapot that had been strewn nearby; he massaged it with his fingers. As Richard stepped outside and Dan cam closer, he could see the knowledgeable glint in his eye. Dan gazed with the affection of 2037 energetic klutzy kangaroos. He said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want closure."

Richard looked back, even more mad and still fingering the giant teapot. "Dan, I love you," he replied. They looked at each other with sad feelings, like two crooked, curved cats rampaging at a very incredible party, which had reggae music playing in the background and two clever uncles loving to the beat. Richard studied Dan's ugly legs and fat arms. Eventually, he took a deep breath. "I'm sorry," began Richard in apologetic tones, "but I don't feel the same way, and I never will. I just don't love you Dan."

Dan looked grumpy, his emotions raw like a pickled putrid piano. Richard could actually hear Dan's emotions shatter into 9340 pieces. Then the hungry brute hurried away into the distance. Not even a cup of tea would calm Richard's nerves tonight.

The End