chapter 35

flashback at the end of the chapter, in italics.

NARRATOR'S POV

"Please, take care of yourself," whispers Carina, hugging Draco as tight as she can. Draco chuckles, his arms around her waist, nodding his head softly. The idea of him going back to the Manor for two months, hurts her deeply. Even if she knows Lucius won't harm Draco physically, all she wants is to take him away. "Write to me, however you can. Tabpy will help you if you ask." Her younger brother rolls his eyes, pulling away. "Dragon..." she says warningly.

"Fine, fine," murmurs Draco, the smile still on his lips. "Don't worry about me, alright? I promise I'll try to write - I'll even ask mother to write to your father if I have to," after finding out it was Narcissa who asked for Remus when Lucius used the Cruciatus on Carina, they knew she could be trusted. Carina nods her head, placing her hand on his cheek before kissing the other one. "I'll miss you too," he says quietly, tenderly returning the action.

They are standing right outside the main entrance at Hogwarts. Draco is going to take the Hogwarts Express but Carina is Apparating straight to Muggle London, along with Fred. Cass and Adrian are also Apparating back home. Thankfully, Pansy, Theo and Blaise are taking the Express as well. The thought of Draco having his friends there slightly soothes Carina's mind. "Nina!" Calls George, making her turn around. "You weren't gonna leave without saying goodbye to me, were you?" Asks George, pouting.

"Georgie," chuckles Carina, wrapping an arm around his waist. "You're coming to us in a few weeks," she reminds him, rolling her eyes in a playful manner. At first, the plan was for Fred to join only for a week, but it quickly extended to a month. Carina won't be surprised if it turns into two.

The younger twin shrugs, leaning into Carina's head. "I like being dramatic," he jokes, smiling still. Draco chuckles, but turns away so that George doesn't see.

In that moment, Blaise, Pansy and Theodore walk out of the castle. "Ready, Malfoy?" Asks Blaise, nodding at his friend. Draco nods, turning back to Carina and waving at his sister.

"I'll see you in two months, yeah? Don't miss me too much," He says, offering her a reassuring grin. Carina nods, waving back at him. They had already said their goodbyes without anyone else around. "I love you, Nina," says Draco, not caring about people listening in.

"I love you too, Dragon," she replies, a soft smile on her face. Those words burn as they leave her lips. Carina knows Draco must hate them as well, but after everything they've been through, they'll never hold them back, ever again. She watches Draco walk towards the boat along with his friends, laughing at something Pansy said. He drapes his arm over the girl, comfortably.

Life is such a fragile thing. Carina knows that now more than ever, after Cedric's passing. It scares her to no end, but she doesn't have the time to fall apart. Not now.

"C'mon," says George once they both see Draco getting in the boat. "Fred's waiting for you. Lee and Adrian are gonna kill him with their PDA," Carina lets out a small laugh, nodding and following after George. "I have a feeling your dad's gonna murder my brother," adds George, his arm over Carina's shoulder.

The green eyed girl sighs deeply, shaking her head, "He'll be fine," she says with an innocent grin. But will he? Finally, they reach Fred, Lee and Adrian. Fred's squinting as Adrian and Lee talk amongst themselves, loving smiles on their lips. Adrian caresses Lee's cheek tenderly, pecking his forehead as he says his goodbyes. "Fred," the boy turns to her, a smile instantly growing on his lips.

"Darling!" He gets up, taking her hand in his. "Let's go before they start kissing again," he says jokingly. Lee scowls, turning around and smacking the back of Fred's head. "Ow!" Complains the red haired boy, looking back at his friend. "You wanna go, Jordan? You wanna fight?" Lee pulls back from his boyfriend, shoving Fred's chest lightly, pretending to be angry.