XXII. Mom meet Mark

I walked into the house with a smile on my face. The door was not locked which meant that my mother was home. I locked the door and took my shoes off. My eyes trying to look into the living room after her. 

"Mom?!" I screamed as I started walking towards the living room. There she was in the door frame of the living room. Smiling at me with her arms open. I hugged her as she chuckled softly into the hug. 

"I missed you!" She said as she pulled away from the hug. She smiled down at me. "We should go buy groceries for dinner! Since your boyfriend is coming over!" She said as she made me turn around that I was walking back to the front door. 

"What will you make for dinner?" I asked as I looked over my shoulder at her. "It is a secret!" She said with a smile on her face. "Secret you say?" I said and she nodded. "Yes, now where are those damn house keys!?" She said as she started looking for them. I laughed, I knew how I got the gene of losing the house keys. 

"Have you checked your purse?" I asked and she looked at me. Her hands on her hips. "No, but I kn-" She stopped talking as she found the keys. "Found them," She said and I smiled while nodding. "Let us go to the store then," I said. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I was bouncing my leg up and down as I sat on my chair in my room. I was watching the clock as I waited for Mark. I was ready, my mom made me put on a dress. I thought it was too much for a dinner but I did not complain. 

The doorbell ring made me stand up. I was walking to the front door but my mom beat me to it. She opened the door. Mark stood there in dres' pants and a white button-up shirt. He had flowers in his hands. 

"Hello, I am Mark, Violet's boyfriend. I bought these for you," Mark said as he gave my mother the flowers. I leaned against the door frame with a smile. "It is so nice to finally meet you!" My mom said as she pulled him into a hug. As she was hugging him I made eye contact with him. 

"The dinner will be ready in a minute!" She said as she released him from the hug. She looked at me and then at Mark. "You guys can sit in the living room," She said and Mark nodded as he took off his shoes. 

It all was going much better than I thought it would. Mom seemed to like him and she was really happy with the flowers. I was happy to see the two persons that were so important in my life getting along. 

"Come," I said and reached my hand out. He soon came to me and took my hand in his with a smile on his face. He did not look nervous now. I guess it was because of my mom. "How is your day?" He asked as we walked into the living room. 

"Perfect, what about you?" I asked and smiled at me. We sat down on the sofa. "Very good, besides did I tell you that you look gorgeous tonight?" He said with a smile on his face. I laughed lightly before answering him with a question. 

"Did I tell you that you look absolutely handsome in a suit?" I said and he shrugged. "I know I do," He said and I rolled my eyes playfully at him. "You suck," I said and he laughed. "And you still are dating me," He said. 

"Dinner is ready!" My mother's voice rang through the house. I smiled at Mark before standing up. He followed me into the dining room where we sat down in front of my mother. Mark sat beside me and mom in front of me. 

"I hope you are not allergic to anything," My mom said and smiled at Mark. "No, I am not Ma'am," He said and I leaned my head on my hand. "Please do not call me ma'am, call me mom," She said. I watched them talk with a big smile on my face. 

"Alright, mom," He said and my mom chuckled. "Alright, dig in!" She said and we started eating. The dinner went by mom basically having an interview with Mark. I don't think he minded. He looked really comfortable while talking to her. 

They talked about different things as I listened and sometimes added few things. And what would first dinner together with my boyfriend without my mom saying embarrassing stories from my childhood. 

They were still talking after we all were done eating. I liked watching them. It made me feel happy to just listen to them talk freely. I could tell both of them were comfortable and that my mom clearly liked him. 

I saw Mark looking at the clock and looked at it myself. I signed before interrupting their talk. "Mom, Mark needs to go home soon," I said and she looked at me. "Oh right! I am so sorry, sometimes when I talk I can stop," She said. 

"Well, at least I know that Violet gets it after her mom. Like her beauty," He said. Gosh, such a ladies man. My mom laughed before standing up. "It was nice meeting you Mark," She said as she moved her chair into the table. 

"It was nice meeting you too," Mark said back and both of us stood up. Soon enough I was walking Mark out of the house. We were beside the front door. I was watching him put his shoes back on. 

"She liked you," I said and Mark looked at me. "She did?" He asked and I nodded. He straightened up and smiled at me.