Regret

Dean and Cas come back from a long day of hunting. "Well, I'm going in the shower," Dean said as he walks away. Cas looks at him with hungry eyes, letting a low growl escaped his throat. Dean turns around and looks at him confused. "Cas, you okay?" He asked, walking towards him. Cas keeps looking at him with those eyes, and doesn't say a word. Dean touches his shoulder "Hey, you good?" He said in a worried tone. Cas looks at him, and smiles.

"Shut up" Cas orders as he kisses Dean for the first time. Dean was shocked and frozen, but he kisses back. "What the hell was that?" Dean asked. Cas looked ashamed and didn't meet Dean's eyes. "I don't know" Cas lied. Dean looked at Cas, unsure of what just happened. "You know what, screw this," Dean said as he walks to the bathroom, locking the door. Once inside, he undressed himself and turned the water on the hottest setting, letting it burn his back. Cas was left alone in the bunker's library, he began to think about how kissing Dean was an awful idea. 

Once Dean was out of the shower, he wrapped a towel around his waist and proceeded to walk in the direction of his room. He put on a loose shirt with some gray sweatpants and layed down on his bed. He couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, but he pushed that thought out of his head and fell alseep. Later that night, Cas quietly walked into Dean's room, and sat in the corner by the closet, watching him sleep. Cas found it so fascinating how humans slept, but he had never given much thought to it. Sam had returned from the library moments later, Cas quickly and quietly extied Dean's room, shutting the door. "Hey Cas" Sam said, looking awkwardly. "Hello, Sam" Cas responded. "Checking on Dean again?" Sam asked, smiling. "Yeah, I think he may hate me," Cas said, looking at his feet. "Oh?, why's that?" Sam asked, looking confused as to why his brother would hate his best friend. 

"The thing is, I kissed Dean and I don't know if he liked that very much" Cas explained. Sam touched his shoulder, with a humble look in his eyes "Oh, Cas, Dean very much does feel the same way. He just has a hard time regualting his feelings to people" Sam said, chuckling. Cas felt his heart skip a beat. Could Dean really feel the same way? "You really think so?" Cas said, smiling. Sam nodded in agreement, and walked off to his laptop to find another case. As soon as Sam was gone, Cas went back into Dean's room. He sat on the edge of the bed, waiting for him to wake up. Dean woke up, but he was holding a knife from under his pillow. He was full of sweat and his face looked like he had seen a ghost. "Dean, it's ok, it's just me" Cas said, slowly lowering his arm. Dean dropped his knife, putting his face in his hands. "I'm just a broken man, I'll never learn to love anyone. Who would love someone like me?" he asked, sobbing uncontrolably. Cas took his slouched over body and held him close. "Well, I think I know one person who loves you for who you are," Cas whispered. Dean sobbed, sniffling and shaking. 

"Well who is it?" Dean asked, Cas could hear the sadness in his voice. "Me Dean, I-I-I love you and you should really understand that no matter who you are, I will always love you. You are the most selfless, caring, loving man I know and you do what you can to protect Sam. You may be broken, but you can also be fixed," Cas explained. Dean looked up at Cas, his eyes full of tears and sorrow. "Y-you really think that about me?" Dean questioned, looking at him desperate for an answer. "Yes, Dean" the angel answered. Dean hugged him close, Cas wrapping his arms around Dean's perfect torso. "Kiss me you bastard" Dean said, pulling the angel by the front of his trenchcoat and filling the gap between thier lips. Cas immediately melted into the kiss, knotting his fingers at the back of Dean's head. 

They kissed for what seemed like hours, their tounges dancing in eachothers mouths. Dean eventually lied down, Cas right beside him, playing with his hair. "Goodnight, Dean" Cas whispered softly to a snoring Dean.