[1]

dancing bears, painted wings

things I almost remember

and a song, someone sings

once upon a December

-Anastasia

.•° ✿ °•.

It all changed with a glance, a gesture, or an effort. What we see when we look into someone's eyes. Alternatively, we feel beneath someone's hand. If we aspire, this is what we go through.

Like a seed. It was once unnoticed on Earth. Then it emerges from the darkness to see the colors. Then everything becomes equal to them. And then it flies away and changes.

Women stood there swaying to the sound of a grand piano along with violins and other instruments playing; their frivolous dresses layered with all fabrics imaginable, along with puffed and ruffled sleeves. Their hair lifted up into curls by clips and ribbons; and a light tinge of lipstick in each of their faces, making the pigment on their lips pop out.

Men of higher standards wearing suits of the finest material mingling amongst each other, some busied themselves with cigars on their hand, puffing out a thin layer of smoke, and some drank until their cheeks flushed red. Some, also walked around looking for a new wife to wed.

Nobles were what they were. Not giving a care in the world. The King had hosted a party to celebrate the anniversary of his ruling—a new era.

There was a variety of different food:  meat, desserts, salads, fruits, bread, and buffets displayed for everyone to see.

Oh, how marvelous it truly is. The way people don't have to talk to be together. They could simply just sway and spin to strange sounds coming from differently made instruments.

Y/n sat there people watching for a little while until she was asked to dance.

He was a compact man, with precise features, a lot of very soft black hair, and thoughtful blue eyes. He had a look of wariness, which could change when he felt relaxed or happy, which was not often in these difficult days, into a smile of amused friendliness and pleasure which made a single person feel warmth within themselves.

So as she took his hand, she only noticed the way he had a few freckles on his nose, or how his eyebrows arched when intrigued in her conversation when they were up close to each other; swaying to a new single consisted of a whole orchestra band—his hand placed on her hip, while the other in her own hand.

Sway

Spin

Sway

Sway

The music started to slow down and only then did she see that they were holding each other. She looked up to his eyes, seeing that he was already staring at her.

Was it love at first sight?

Just one more inch away and they could maybe feel their face's warmth. Maybe if Y/n just moved a little closer, then the distance would close. Slowly but surely the distance started to disappear until—

She was interrupted by a loud lady shouting at her son.

Ugh, she thought, when can I ever have my peacetime?

Y/n was in an enchanted kingdom, but then she turns a page. And realizes that she was just reading and it was all in her head. It truly is amazing how simple words could lead you to a whole different world. A world where you could perceive anything as you want.