Voices

It was a quiet night. He was staring out the window of his little cabin in the woods.

His long pig like ears twitch at the constant buzz in the back of his mind. Most of the things he heard were cries for violence or idle incomprehensible chatter.

Blood.

Boooooorrrriiiiinggggg.

Where's the action?!

Blood for the Blood God!

Hi.

Go out and kill something!

Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill.

Blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood, blood.

Blood for the Blood God!

A sudden thought came to mind. Why did the voices in his head demand blood sacrifices?

And that question led to another. Why did they seem to worship the blood god?

And another. Why were there so many voices? Where did they come from? What were they? Why were they stuck in his head? Why was he the only one who could hear them?

"Hey, why are you all obsessed with that chant? Uh, "Blood for the Blood God" or something like that."

Oh! Finally taking an interest in us ey?

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

You should know that by now.

I guess we gotta tell him now.

No snitching!

Let's tell him!

Finally, he's asking questions!

"Well, are you actually going to answer my question now?"

You are the next blood god.

New god, yay!

You were chosen by the blood god to be his successor.

You'll eventually need to shed blood to sustain yourself, it's kinda like a reminder.

Blood!

We're here to help!

That got him thinking. Him? The next blood god? Why? He just stabbed people for coins for a bit in Hypixle.

"But, why?"

IDK.

Not our place to question the boss.

You just are.

Gotta ask him yourself if you really wanna know.

Not really sure.

He suppresses the urge to roll his eyes. "Fine. Then what are you guys?"

Spirits of the dead?

Past worshipers of the blood god.

Acolytes of the blood.

We are servants of the blood god.

Echoes of past Acolytes.

Technoblade blinks in surprise. They used to be real people? Interesting. "Well, why are you all in my head?"