16. Jade & Jazz's Point Of View.

Authors note: In this chapter the point of view is going to switch between Jazz and Jade so you can see their reactions to this mystery DVD. Any speech that comes from the DVD will be in Italics.

'....' These mean thoughts.
"...." These mean speech.

Jade's P.O.V:
I sat beside Jazz with my eyes focussed on the screen as she pressed play. The DVD flickered to life and Jazz visibly tensed as the scene played.

Images of a burly looking man with blonde hair came on screen, his arms wrapped protectively around a heavily pregnant woman.

On closer inspection of the woman I noticed the likeness between her and Jazz.

The same dark eyes, dark hair, similar build. I glanced at Jazz briefly before returning my eyes back to the screen.

"Not long now Marcus and we'll have our gorgeous baby girl in our arms." The woman on screen spoke as the man set the camera down on a table.

"Still need to think of a name for our Princess, Catarina. We can't just keep calling her Princess." Marcus chuckled as he pulled Catarina into his lap.

"Her name will come when we see her." Catarina giggled as she stroked Marcus' cheek.

Suddenly she winced in pain, Marcus slid her carefully off his lap as he stood. A wet stain stood out quite clearly against his pants as he reached forward and shut the camera off, the screen turning blank for a few seconds before an new image appeared on screen.

The scene was the white, sterile walls of a hospital room, Catarina was back on screen looking flustered and sweaty and in pain. She was in labour about to give birth to her daughter.

Marcus rushed to the side of the room placing the camera down before rushing back to Catarina's side, whispering dutifully in her ear as she pushed the new life out of her.

The baby appeared on screen as she was handed to Marcus. Marcus looked over at Catarina with a big grin on his face, Catarina's face mimicking his.

"Jazzmin. Jazzmin Catarina Wood." Catarina spoke softly, looking lovingly over at her daughter and Marcus.

I looked over at Jazz to see a torturous expression of pain and heartache on her features.

The sudden beeping and panicked voices from the TV made me snap my head back to it. Doctors rushing to Catarina's side as nurses ushered Marcus out of the room with the newborn Jazz.

The camera, laying forgotten at the side of the room, videoed everything that happened from that point on.

Doctors and nurses rushing around Catarina, placing blood bags into her.

Pumping her chest and pushing a breathing tube down her throat. Pumping her full of different drugs.

The long and intense beep of a heart monitor in the background. A defibrillator being used.

We all sat silently watching half an hour of footage of the doctors trying to revive Catarina.

When the doctor pronounced Catarina's time of death and the blood curdling scream of a man could be heard, I looked away from the TV with tears heavy in my eyes.

Looking around the living room all my friends had tears filling their eyes at the scene.

My eyes landed on Jazz who was unmoving and her pained expression hadn't changed, tears were falling silently down her cheeks. I turned back to the TV when I heard a man talking again.

I noticed Marcus was on screen again, looking pale, gaunt and exhausted. His unshaven face and unkempt hair making him look wild. I could see something in the background but not well enough to make out as it was too dark.