❀ 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 ℴ𝓃ℯ ❀

❤︎𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓾𝓹 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓸𝓹𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓮𝔁𝓽 𝓰𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝓪 𝓰𝓵𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓪𝓽 𝓪𝓷𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭❤︎

As I enter the Great Hall, my annoyance intensifies at the sight of the throngs of eager students, their impatience palpable in the air. With a determined push, I make my way through the bustling crowd, craving the solace and grandeur that await within. The commencement ceremony is mere moments away, marking the start of our seventh year at Hogwarts. I find solace in the company of Harry, Ron, and Hermione, steadfast companions who have been through countless trials and tribulations by my side. While the three of them embarked on their perilous quest, venturing into treacherous wilderness in search of Horcruxes, I found myself ensnared in a desperate struggle to elude the clutches of Alecto and her brother Amycus. Our circumstances prevented us from sitting for our N.E.W.T. exams, a fact that sends a shiver down my spine as memories of that tormenting and painful time resurface.

Pushing aside those haunting recollections, I navigate through the majestic hall, finally finding a place at the Gryffindor table between Hermione and Ginny. Across from me sit Harry and Ron, their presence offering a sense of familiarity and comfort. Ginny greets me with a tight embrace, her excitement for the new year radiating from her like a beacon.

"Oh, Seraphina, I can hardly contain my anticipation for this year, especially with Hermione, Luna, and you all in the same year. The adventures and fun we're going to have!" Ginny exclaims, her eyes sparkling with unbridled enthusiasm.

Smiling, I raise an eyebrow and tap my chin thoughtfully with a finger, savoring the playful banter.

"Perhaps I should inform Harry that you prefer us over him," I tease, playfully nudging Ginny.

Harry snorts in mock indignation and lifts his head, his emerald eyes meeting mine.

"I highly doubt that," he retorts, a mischievous twinkle in his gaze.

Yet, the atmosphere at the table swiftly changes when Ron's disrespectful words reach my ears. His derogatory remarks about Professor Snape, referring to him as an "old bat" and criticizing his appearance, both inner and outer, send shockwaves of destain through my body. Ginny gasps in disbelief, and even Harry shoots Ron an incredulous look.

"Ron!" Hermione's voice hisses with a threatening undertone, though she keeps her tone subdued, her gaze nervously darting towards the teachers' table, ensuring that their words go unnoticed. I, too, strive to contain my anger, despite my naturally fiery temperament. For I owe a great debt to Professor Snape, as do we all. His immense knowledge and seemingly boundless expertise, particularly in the Dark Arts and its defense, have always commanded my utmost respect. However, the memories that Harry shared with me shortly after the war have kindled a deep admiration for this enigmatic man. Those recollections unveiled only a fraction of his seemingly desolate and lonely life, yet they were enough to evoke within me a profound sense of pity. And that, I suspect, is the last thing he would desire.

Before I can catch Ron's eye and address the matter, Professor McGonagall takes the podium, her voice resounding with authority and grace. She speaks of honoring and remembering those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom, instilling a solemn reverence in the hall. As her final words gracefully fade into the air, the grand doors swing open, revealing a procession of wide-eyed first-year students led by the diminutive figure of Professor Flitwick. Their gazes wander in awe, desperately trying to absorb every detail of the magnificent surroundings. Many of them remain entranced by the enchanted ceiling, which displays a stormy sky and the brewing tempest beyond the castle's protective walls.