Until We Meet Again

A/N: Hello guys! This is the 2nd part of Left Unsaid <3 It is a collab with my friend, binjinszn. If you haven't read the first part yet, feel free to visit my profile :)

The photos used are not mine, credits to the rightful owners.

Again, I'm sorry for the poor writing. Enjoy reading!

❇❇❇❇❇❇

March, 2021

Ri Jeong Hyeok just got out from a store, carrying a huge bag. He just happened to see the store while strolling through the city of Seoul. It was love at first sight, when he saw the gift beautifully displayed inside the huge boutique. She will surely love it.

He was about to hail a taxi when his phone rang. It was an unknown number, and he got curious to who might be calling him when he had already filed for a leave.

"Yeoboseyo?" He waited for the other line until a woman's voice could be heard, causing him to widen his eyes.

It was an old woman's voice. It was Seri's mother.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok?"

"Eomoni? Where did you get my number? Have you been well?

He heard her chuckle from the other line. "One question at a time, Jeong Hyeok-ah. I got your number from your mother."

"Ye, Eomoni."

"Where are you, Jeong Hyeok-ah? Can we meet?"

"Ye, Eomoni. I'm here at Seoul. Do you want me to fetch you?"

"Ani, I will be the one fetching you. Just text me your location. Is that okay with you?"

"Are you sure, Eomoni? I don't want to trouble you."

"I'm sure. Just wait for me, okay?"

He smiled, "Ye, Eomoni. Please drive safely."

The phone call ended so he decided to look for a coffee shop and take a break. He ordered 2 cups of Cafe Americano and waited for the old woman to arrive.

When Seri's mother arrived, he approached her and bowed his head.

"Aigoo, You're too formal. Come here."

He noticed the dark circles under her eyes and it prompted him to worry about her.

"Are you getting enough sleep, Eomoni? Please take care of yourself. Get some sleep whenever you're tired."

"Mianhae. A senior like me has difficulties sleeping. And I can't sleep at a time like this."

"What do you mean, Eomoni?"

The woman did not answer him but took a step forward to hug him. He bent a little bit and gently wrapped his arms around her.

"Look at you. My little boy, you are still handsome."

"And you still love fooling around, Eomoni."

"I know. So, are you headed to somewhere? Because I am going to borrow lots of your time."

"It's okay, Eomoni. Let's go?" The old woman nodded and he guided her towards the exit of the cafe. The old woman led him to the car and it did not take too long for the engines to come alive.

Minutes passed and by the look of it, they were headed outside Seoul.

"Eomoni, are we going to Daegu? He asked with curiosity plastered on his face.

"Ani, we're going to Seri. She's at Incheon."

He was momentarily speechless for he did not expect to meet her anytime soon. He took a deep breath when he suddenly felt a hand tapping his left shoulder.