Relay

tw// many mentions of suicide, depressive disorder and death

Recommended song:

•Relay by With Woollim

Seoho was never his responsibility. Geonhak had never been assigned to him. They were never meant to cross paths. Heck, they were forbidden from knowing about the existence of the other.

Life takes its turns.

One moment the hollow shell of a body of Seoho was floating in the blue abyss of his in-house swimming pool patiently waiting for death to carry him off with his eyes scheduled for shutting themselves forever, the other moment he woke up to the decorative glass chandelier of his living room ceiling.

"Even your guardian angel has given up on you."

A deep echo filled his drained eardrums.

Seoho lived all alone. Isolated from family and society and it was too late at night to have any servants present. His neck snapped to the owner of the deep-octaved voice.

"How hopeless of a human being are you?"

The blonde dressed in plain denim and a white shirt which were dripping wet was seated across his lavish excuse for a coffee table. Seoho hated how comfortable he had made himself of his leather couch.

"Who are you? How did you get in?"

Attempting to sound enraged, he raised his tone but the remnants of the chlorinated water choked his words, earning him a few strained coughs.

No doubt, the blonde chuckled in amusement, "A thank you would be nice."

"For what? Breaking in?"

"For saving your miserable excuse for a life."

Seoho was fuming. His security alarms had not blared to notify him of the bumptious intruder who could not even let him enjoy the coming of his death in peace.

"Get out!"

Maybe he was just hallucinating or he noted how the approaching male did not shed a drop of water as opposed to a person who had just dived headfirst into a pool like him.

"Get out before I call the police."

His gradually toned down warnings of fear were rendered useless and the foreboding figure of the mysterious male did nothing to calm his nerves as he fell further back into his couch. The idea of running away from in his own mansion did cross his mind, however, with the weakened state of his limbs, he thought otherwise.

Succumbing to his fate, he remained still while closely tracking the unpredictable movements of the blonde.

He did not know what were his intentions and he did not want to find out anytime soon.

An uncomfortable silence hung between the two as Seoho waited for the male to show himself out the way he had come in.

How had he come in?

"I'll go but just before I go, I'm taking something."

"If you think I'm going to give you money for breaking in and saving my life, you're highly mistaken."

Hands pocketed, the blonde presented him with an indecipherable smirk, "Don't worry. What I want is inexpensive."

Seoho inched further into his couch as the blonde levelled himself to his face, gulping, "What is it?"

In that situation, a smile from the blonde was far from comforting, however, he just continued to lift his empty hand with Seoho's forehead its destination. His warm fingers gently caressed his frigid temples.