Chapter 12: Freshman Friday - Fourth Floor

Strider was extremely nervous as it was his time to shine. Kevin already dismissed his claims, and out of the four people in the group, Mark was the only one that seemed tough enough, even though he could tell Shamlya and Janill picked the floor for a very reason.

Now's not the time to doubt myself. I can do this.

When they opened the doors, there were a total of five seniors and juniors waiting for them, and Omega was straight down the hallway in front of the transmitter.

So I was right after all. I don't see Akira. Then he had to focus as they faced the gas from the pellets, but their masks helped cover it up, though his glasses fogged up a bit. Wiping off and alongside Team Four, they all lead the charge but soon found themselves facing one on one situations. Shamlya rushed in front of him only to be knocked apart by an older girl with their skin color and landed straight into him. When the two got up, he noticed she was wearing a cheerleader-esque outfit. Then she smirked.

"You all made it up here? Not bad for a bunch of kids."

"Aren't you seventeen?"

Her face soured. "I was held back once. Middle school was a fu- right, no cursing. Sorry y'all. I hate to do this, but I need to apply for college. Getting here was stressful enough, the easier the road map, the better!"

"That's not fair to us," he yelled. "We're not even getting the chance!"

Shamlya then pinched him on the cheeks. "Listen to the queen! We could totally get in!"

"Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch, hey. Okay, I get that, but this is literally the perfect school to prepare all of us for that, not just a select few! I'm not letting Akira get his way!" He slapped her hand away, and tried to get away from her, but the girl aimed a powerful kick at him he narrowly blocked with his elbows as the force pushed him back.

"Wait, you know my boyfriend?"

That completely took him aback. Akira has a girlfriend? They both introduced their names to each other and related to Akira. Her name was Ebony Williams and she looked perfect between her wavy, athletic physical tone, and seemed to be the finesse to Akira's finesse. "He doesn't hurt you?'

"Huh, no. Well he can be a bit harsh, but we've both been hurt," speaking somberly.

Well at least there's one person in his life he doesn't complete hate. He looked back at Shamlya. "I apologize for what I said to you about dating yesterday."

"Um, sure, whatever." Then his attention went back to Ebony.

"You seem really cool and all, but we have to get past, I didn't go through this just to stop here."

"Good luck!" He didn't want to hurt her, especially giving how it would look on the outside and how his mother raced him, but as he tried to use the Cheese Clutchers, she kicked it out of his hand, and he was forced on the defensive, dodging kick after kick and narrowly avoiding attempts at his face and chin with the low and high blocks he learned from his martial arts classes, but his hesitation, combined with Shamlya's apathy and uncertainty leaving her to just watch him left him barely able to keep a step forward. When Shamlya finally tried to intervene, Ebony grabbed her by the air, his hand, and swung the two into each other, both falling on the floor at the same time.

And when he looked ahead, things were already getting worse.

Janill was being pushed aside, and the guy in front of her was barking at her almost in a mocking sense judging by the smile on his face, and when she shot the Junk Cannon at him, he simply caught the ball of garbage and said it fitted her appearance, holding her hand like a child as he lifted her up.