Rider x Idol!Reader

Requested by DanicaTheLonely

For this story, the reader will be gender-neutral. I've realized that I may not be appealing to everyone when I write the reader as a female. So from now on, the reader will be gender-neutral.

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

"Good morning, Inkopolis Square!" Marina greeted the tuning in cephalopods.

"Before we get into the maps for ranked battles and turf wars," Pearl said, "We've got some important news!"

A picture of a young inkling with [f/c] tentacles and bright [e/c] eyes showed on the screen. They looked stunning as well as graceful. Upon seeing this talented young squid, everyone in the Square gazed in awe. Rider, who is currently with his team, was even hypnotized by the inkling's image. They looked like they were having fun.

"The pop star, [I/n], just released their newest album, Star Dreams!" Marina announced, "Reviews say it's the best one yet!"

[I/n] = Idol Name. Let's see what creative names you come up with. ;)

"Yep, so if you don't hurry, all the albums are gonna be gone~!" Pearl smirked.

She held up an album of her own, "Good thing I pre-ordered mine."

"Wait, they allow us to pre-order albums?" Marina asked, "I didn't even know that."

"That's okay, Marina. There's always next time to get one."

Marina sighed, a little sad. She wanted that album. The two then announced the current stages for ranked battles and turf wars before going off-air for a short break. Rider overheard a few inklings fangirling over [I/n].

"Oh my gosh!" Uniform perked up, "I gotta get back to my apartment, quick!"

"Why's that?" Rider asked.

"I pre-ordered the album online a few weeks ago! It should be at my front step right now!"

Before Rider could protest, Uniform raced off to her apartment to check if the package arrived. Sighing, Rider turns away and takes a seat next to Stealth. Rider didn't understand the whole obsession with a pop star. Music just isn't something he cared much for. Now that Uniform left, they're short one inkling for their next match.

"Dang it, now that Uniform's gone, we can't play any turf war," Rider sulked.

"There's always another day," Bamboo tried to cheer him up.

"Yeah, I guess. We can-

"Hold it!"

A voice called out from nowhere. Rider and his teammates looked on to see an inkling with a hoodie concealing their tentacles and sunglasses covering their eyes. They had an innocent smile on their face, like nothing bad was happening in the world. Rider blushed a light green, though he didn't know why. He just met this inkling, why is he blushing?

"You're down one member, right?" They asked, "Can I join you then? I've been wanting to play turf war for a while now."

"Is it okay, Rider?" Stealth asked.

"Yeah, I guess it's fine," Rider shrugged. "Just don't be like a certain idiot I know."

They gave Rider a salute, "I won't let you down, boss!"

"Good, then let's go."

After hearing that, Rider, his teammates, and their temporary teammate walked into the Deca Tower. This inkling has a lot of energy, though. There was something familiar about them but Rider couldn't place why. Deciding to ignore it, they entered the battlefield and waited for the match to start.