A plea

Turning around in the desk chair I tried to pass the time. The slight headache that had woken me up around midnight had made it impossible to fall back asleep, but at the same time it was impossible to quietly look at the streets like I usually did either, due to the bubbling nervousness I felt in my stomach. It was Saturday again. Saturday, the twenty second of August, somewhere around a quarter past six.

After I had woken up I had taken place behind the windowsill and in the four hours that had passed I hadn't stood up once. Every so often my legs would start to tingle and I ended up shaking them out for a couple of minutes. Hoping it would improve the blood circulation.

Since when did I feel this nervous for someone, someone I didn't even physically had to talk to. I could just write post it notes to them.

That said someone was also the one that eventually pulled me out of spiraling thoughts with their usual wave.

I waved back and like the last time pointed down towards the front door. I saw them park their bicycle and when they started to walk over to the front door so did I. sitting down against the wood like We sat down like we had the week before. Taking the blue envelope I pushed it softly through the letterbox. I waited for the sound of ripping paper, but it didn't come. Instead I heard the letterbox rattle and my eyes caught a red post it. The ones I had given them the last time.

'Hey'

It read.

I reached over to where I had put down the other post it notes and stuff, from the last time We had talked and wrote my reply.

'Hi'

The note fell through the letterbox. My pencil scribbled another message and it followed the earlier one after not more than a few seconds.

'You're not going to read the letter?'

I waited, rattling, another note.

'I don't want to waist my time by reading it when I can talk to you instead.'

I glance through the glass.

'You have to.'

'But...'

'It's important!'
'Please?'

Silence. For a moment I thought they were going to disagree once more and my hand moves to write another plea. Though the ripping of paper reaches my ears making me lower the pencil. Patiently I waited until they cleared their throat.

"Say the."

I frown, What?

"Alright, the?"

"No. Duhhhh."

"Duhh."

"Okay, then La."

"Lahh."

"Open your mouth more as if you're at the dentist."

"Laaahh?"

"Yes. Then a vuhh."

"Vuhhhh."

"Not as long, shorther."

"Vuh."

"Then nir as in knee but with an r."

"Neer."

"That's it, De L'avenir."

"Duhh laahvuhneer."

I pause looking at the notes that I had written down when they had explained how to pronounce their name.

"I still feel like I'm saying it wrong."

They laugh softly.

"No, you are not."

A sigh, then they continue.

"It sounds good."

I smile glancing back at the door.

'Thank you.'

The blue note slipped through the letter box. I had chickened out again.

"The pleasure was all mine."

They chuckle.

Their laugh is warm. It perfectly resembled the fuzzy summer days filled with sun and humid air.

"Well I have to go now, I will see you next week right?"

'Yeah'

There was rustling audible at the other side of the door. The shadow moved up, growing larger than my own one on the tiles in front of me.

"Good, till then alex."

I nodded, they probably couldn't see it though.

"Till then Charlie."