Baby Girl (One Shot)

'You feeling okay baby girl?' you say to Lilly as she cosies into you. She's sitting on your lap as your perched on the bottom step in the garden.

The sun is still beating down even though it's almost 7pm. You and Lilly have been relaxing outside in the fresh air all afternoon since you picked her up from nursery.

'My throat hurts a little,' she mutters into your chest and you wrap your arms around her, pulling her in impossibly closer.

You know she wants to stay up tonight, she's so excited about seeing her Daddy but you can also tell she's feeling poorly, it's been building for a few hours now.

Feeling her forehead you can tell she's flushed, her body feels heavy against you and you can tell she's already fighting sleep.

'Aw my baby, will we pop you to bed,' Lilly leans back slightly and looks up at you. Theirs tears starting to fill her little eyes but she's holding it back as best as she can.

'If your getting a sore throat a good sleep will do you the world of good,' you smile at her, trying to encourage her to admit defeat.

Yes, Harry will be home in just a couple of hours but you don't want her making herself feel even worse waiting up for him.

'But I want to see Daddy...I drew him the picture,' she sighs.

'I promise you baby girl, Daddy wont even say hello to me before he comes to see you,' you stroke a lose strand of hair away from her perfect little face. She's the spitting image of Harry, perfect loose curls and striking green eyes.

'You promise mummy?' Lilly lulls quietly.

'I promise you, I'll send him straight to you,' and you hug her closer, 'You are his one and only remember,'.

Lilly looks back up at you and smiles.

*****

Lilly has been asleep for a couple of hours. You read her her favourite book, wrapped her up in her Lion King bedding and lay with her until she drifted off. The poor baby was struggling to keep her eyes open but still insisted you send Harry up when he arrived, the picture she had drawn for him is pinned to the fridge waiting for him too.

You knew Harry would be late home tonight but having not seen him for twelve weeks, you are beyond excited for him to walk through the door.

He's been on tour for his latest album and although he is loving it, it's been hard for him being away from you both, the two of you are his girls, his whole world.

After his first Grammy win five years ago, just before Lilly was born, his career had skyrocketed. The album he had released last year was credited as 'one of the greatest rock releases of all time' making the world his oyster.

It's the first worldwide tour he's been on since Lilly has been around and due to his excessive phone calls and FaceTimes, you know he is missing you both like never before.

As your sitting on the sofa sipping on a cup of tea you had just brewed, you hear the latch of the front door click open and your heart skips a beat.

Your already smiling, knowing full well it's Harry and only realising now how truly excited your are to see the love of your life again.

You pop down your cuppa and pad through to the hallway, picking up speed and almost sprinting to him when you see him by the front door.

He looks even better than you remember, his black skinnies tight against his legs, his white T-shirt stretched across his muscles. He slips off his boots and opens his arms out, smiling brightly making his dimple pop.