o3

03|𝘞𝘏𝘈𝘛𝘋𝘐𝘋𝘚𝘏𝘌𝘚𝘈𝘠𝘠𝘠

ONE WEEK AFTER their talk, Sirius approached her

ONE WEEK AFTER their talk, Sirius approached her. And for the first time it wasn't because he was trying to ask her out.

"I talked to him." He admitted.

She furrowed her brows at his sad face. "How did it go?"

"Well. He said he hated me and never wants to talk to me again." He sighed.

Lavender hesitated for a moment before she engulfed him into a hug. He was shocked but immediately wrapped his arms around the redhead.

If you would've told Lavender two months ago that her and Sirius would be on speaking terms- let alone hugging - she'd send you to Madame Pomfrey.

"He doesn't mean it. He's just hurt that you really left." She mumbled into his chest.

He really tried to be sad in this moment but the only thing he could feel was happiness because he was finally in the arms of the love of his life.

They pulled away and a sudden awkwardness overcame them. Sirius cleared his throat. "Uh- Thank you."

She awkwardly smiled at him and left the Common Room.

Ten minutes later the whole school was eating breakfast in the Great Hall.

Lav sat down next to Max as suddenly James stood up and walked over to Lily. "My dearest Lily-Flower, I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me?"

The table held their breath. He was most likely to get rejected anywa- "Yes."

Lavender's jaw dropped. James' jaw dropped. Dumbledore's fork dropped and McGonagall giggled.

Max turned to a wide-eyed Lav. "Did she just say yes? After six years?"

Lavender, who was too shocked to say anything, just nodded her head.

Sirius thought that maybe he had a chance as well, seeing as Lily just accepted James' offer.

He walked up to Lavender. "Would you like to go to Hog-"

"No." She cut him off and walked out of the Great Hall.

Max sighed and looked at Sirius. "You'll get her eventually."

Later that day the Gryffindor's had Defence Against the Dark Arts. They learned about Inferi and were permitted to write a three inches essay about them.

After that they had Herbology with the Hufflepuff's. There they learned about the Venomous Tentacula.

Then they had lunch break. Max was complaining about the Inferi essay but Lavender wasn't listening, she was deep in thought.

She wondered why Lily hadn't told her that her feeling towards James changed. They usually tell each other everything so it quite shocked her.

After lunch they had double Potions with the Slytherin's. "Hello class! Today we'll be brewing the Draught of Living Death! You have one hour and thirty minutes. Begin!"

Nearly everyone in the class had trouble with the Draught. In the end only four people had brewed the Draught correctly and only one completely perfect.

Severus Snape received Felix Felicis for brewing it perfectly while Max, Lavender and Lily received 20 points each.

After class ended, Lavender grabbed Lily's arm and dragged her into the closest broom cupboard. "What are you doing?"

Lavender sighed heavily. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Lily furrowed her brows. "I don't know what you're talking about, Lav."

Lavender groaned. "Why didn't you tell me that you fancied James? We used to tell each other everything."

Lily went quiet. Lavender sighed. "I just don't want to lose you. We already lost Petunia but I can't lose you. I need you."

Lily's lips trembled. She let out a small sob and threw her hands around Lav. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

The next day Lavender went to Lily's Dorm to get help her getting ready for her date with James.

"Okay so you'll look hot with literally anything so don't worry about that. What we should worry about is your- Wait why are you looking at me like that?" Lavender spoke.

Lily sighed. "I don't know. It's just... Do you think he still likes me?"

Lavender burst into laughter but immediately stopped after she saw that Lily was dead serious. "Oh my god, Lily! Of course he still likes you- he's completely in love with you! I'm honestly glad you finally said yes. There was so much sexual tension between the two of you."

Lily scoffed. "Yeah, you're the one to talk."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lav asked defensively.

She pur her arms up in surrender. "I'm just saying. You should say yes to Sirius as well."

Lav shot daggers at her sister. "Never going to happen."

But she wasn't so sure that she was honest with herself this time. Since their last conversation Lavender felt strangely drawn towards this boy. It was definitely not love, not even fancying. But she was sure that if they'd spend more time with each other she sure would develop feelings for him.

Later that day Lily and Lavender sat on Lily's bed and she listened to every detail Lily told her about her date.

"-and then he said I had something on my face and he wiped it away. And then he kissed me." Lily squealed.

Lavender's eyes widened. "NO WAY! YOU KISSED JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER?!"

Lily narrowed her eyes at her sister. "Yell any louder will you? I don't think Ilvermorny heard you."

The rest of the day the sisters spent together, laughing. But both of them felt equally sad that someone wasn't with them. Petunia.