Does Anyone Actually Like Going to the Doctor's?

Deku POV (kinda?)

The boy woke up and looked around his surroundings. Nothing had changed. He was still in the same room. It still wasn't a dream. That was for sure. He'd been there long enough to know that, at least.

He pinched himself again, just to make sure, though.

Yep. Still stuck in the same old room with faded blue wallpaper and cold tiled floors. Still stuck in the same small room with a small desk and one 'bed', really just an old mattress laying on the floor, that he was just about able to reach due to the same old chain wrapped around his ankle. He had to sleep near the end of the bed so his leg wouldn't be uncomfortable, though. He looked at his leg again. It was hard to see under the bandages covering it, but he could still see faded scars from him trying to get the chain off his leg, back from when he hadn't been there for very long.

He knew that wasn't going to happen, now. The only way to get it off was the key to it. There might be a different way, like breaking the chain with a quirk, but his quirk couldn't do anything like that.

He didn't like his quirk. If he had had a different quirk, or no quirk at all, he wouldn't be here, stuck in this small child's bedroom that hadn't housed anyone but him for a long time. He guessed he'd been there at least a year, maybe a year and a half. He'd stopped counting after six months. It didn't matter that much to him after then. The tall marks on some papers shoved into the desk drawer showed him that much.

No one was coming for him.

They probably didn't realize he was gone, if he was going to be honest with himself.

He'd been there for so long he barely remembered anything other than in this building. Why should he? It wasn't like he needed to know where his old school was, or need a last name, or remember how he got here. It didn't really make much of a difference, did it? Or remember all the names of the people he'd seen on the TV. The ones who were dressed up weirdly, and fought bad guys. He searched for the word.

Heroes.

They were the ones who were supposed to help people in trouble. But where were they now? They probably had better things to do. They wouldn't want a kid with a cursed quirk, anyway. He'd seen multiple of the members die in front of him. Overhaul had said it was his fault. It was. Who else could it have been? He'd been bad back then, and they'd gotten hurt because of him. He scrunched up his face, trying to keep it as neutral as possible and shove down his feelings so he wouldn't get in trouble again.

He looked away from the desk, and up to a small clock near the door, waiting for Kurono or one of the other members to bring him to Overhaul. It was almost time.

As if on cue, the door opened and a familiar white-hooded figure entered the room. His face brightened a bit. Kurono was always nice to him, compared to the rest of the members. They were rough with him, sometimes. Not that much though, because then Overhaul would be mad at them. Just talking to him not very nicely and not giving him time to get ready to go. Kurono never did that, though.

He straightened up and stuck out his leg so the man could unlock it easier. Kurono bent down and stuck a key in the lock and turned it, resulting in a loud click echoing throughout the small room.

He then pocketed the key and turned back to the small boy in front of him, bending back down to pick him up. It wasn't very hard, as the child was small for his age in the first place, as well as not being fed as much as a normal person. The boy settled into his arms, and the pair walked out of the room and down one of the many hallways of the base. Kurono turned the corner and opened the door to a dimly lit room, resembling a doctor's office, with small tables with equipment lying on them, like scalpels and needles. The boy stiffened when he saw where they had gone, and tried to nestle himself deeper into the man's arms, as if trying to hide from the room and everything inside it.

A different door to the room opened, and another man walked into the room. He was wearing what looked like some sort of lab coat or uniform, as well as wearing a black mask, covering the lower half of his face, leaving his only noticeable features being his short dark brown hair and golden eyes. Overhaul.

"You're on time." The man's eyes glinted, looking at the table of instruments, as if waiting until the moment he'd be able to use them. His eyes then flicked to the two, still standing near the first entrance of the room. "Well? Let's get started."

Kurono looked at the now shaking boy in his arms and softly sighed. He was so young to have to go through this kind of thing, but it was his job. He walked closer to the center of the room, near what looked like a doctor/dentist's chair, with one difference. Most dentist's chairs didn't need to have arm and leg restraints.

He quietly said to the boy, "You know, the sooner we start, the sooner it'll be finished, right? Then you won't have to be scared anymore, and you can go back to your room."

The greenette stiffened, as if preparing himself, and gave a small nod.

Kurono then finished walking to the chair, and set the small child down in it. The greenette was stiff, but didn't struggle as the velcro straps secured his limbs, or when his bandages were unwrapped, showing many scars underneath. They were all very small and thin, very straight as if they had been made with surgical supplies. Because they had.

Chisaki (overhaul) picked out one of the tools and walked over to the green haired child, who kept his head down, trying to hide the unshed tears in his dimly lit green eyes. Eyes that used to be so full of life, that were now nothing more than a murky green, no longer shining with the love and joy they used to hold. They were weaknesses, not something to show to the world. Weaknesses that would be exploited if he wasn't careful. Having hope and happiness just made the pain so much worse. Made having to live the same life every day, each one full of pain, so much more unbearable.

Each incision in his arms and legs made the small amount of light in his eyes fade even further, until someday, there would be none left. The greenette bit his lip, trying not to let the tears in his eyes drip down his face, trying not to make a sound. Eventually, the needles stopped pricking his arms, the scalpels stopped making small gashes in his limbs, and his arms and legs were rebandaged. He barely even noticed when Kurono picked his limp and tired body up and brought him back to his room, locking the cuff around his ankle and laying him on his "bed".

The small child sunk into the thin mattress he was lying on, his eyes drooping and shutting as he looked at the room he thought he'd spend the rest of his life in, the room he had spent so much time in, and would spend so much more time in. At least, until a certain cat-loving, coffee-addict hero came into the story.

Soo.. I was gonna add another bit at the end but idk how to transition it well sooo.. Its gonna be in the next chapter instead :l

Sorry :>

Hope u liked this chapter anyways, and so guys, gals, non-binary pals, I bid you adieu :>

(btw i stole line that from a fanfic i don't remember which one tho but i thought it sounded cool ok)

Word count: ??? meh I don't really care that much

Ok its 1376 

baiiiii