The Next Day

[Undisclosed Location]

"General, the troops are preparing to head out, we are just waiting for your order. When's the last you've heard from her?"

"Last week. Things seem to be going according to plan", said the mysterious man, "We will begin our journey tomorrow. It'll be a long journey, but it will be worth it when we see the look on those royals' faces, and when I can see her again, it's been too long".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Back at the palace]

Levi slowly began to open his eyes as the sunlight poured into his room. As he became more awake, he remembered the night he just had, how could he forget? He looked to his left and saw Petra sleeping on his arm wrapped in blankets because, well, she had no clothes on, and neither did Levi. He leaned over her and smiled. She was snoring a little bit but he could care less. She eventually snorted herself awake. She opened her eyes and saw Levi there.

"Was I snoring?", she asked, concerned.

"Don't worry about it", he said while laughing, "Good morning Petra". She smiled back at him.

"Good morning Levi", she responded as he placed another kiss on her lips.

"Was last night... okay?", she asked him.

"Last night was amazing", he smiled, remembering all the things they did.

"No", she giggled, "I mean, was it a mistake? I mean, You're the prince whose supposed to marry someone else and I'm just some handmaid. This must be breaking at least one hundred rules", she asked him while tracing the outline of his jaw with her finger.

"I mean, we don't have to announce it, it can just be our little secret and we can see what happ-", right as Levi said this, Arthur walked into the room and stopped in his place when he saw what was going on. Petra and Levi both just stared at him, eyes wide.

"I can see you are busy at the moment your highness, I'll come back later, sorry for my intrusion. You just usually don't have guests with you", Arthur told him. All Levi could do was put his finger to his lips as if shushing someone and Arthur knew what he meant. He nodded and left the room.

"He won't tell anyone, will he?", Petra asked Levi.

"No, we can trust him. He should keep it quiet", he told her. They both laughed a little as they sat up. 

"How am I supposed to sneak back to my room on the other side of the palace, wearing the same dress I was wearing last night which is now torn thanks to you", she pointed at him and smirked.

"You can borrow some clothes from me. The guards shouldn't question you and no one of importance is awake yet so you should be just fine", Levi said as he handed her some of his more casual clothes, "You'll just have to bring them back tonight I suppose", he winked at her.

"Oh I was planning on it", she smiled.

The both of them got dressed together and Petra folded up her dress form the night before. Levi pulled her in for one more kiss before she left his room. Once Levi was alone, he fell back onto his sloppy bed and began thinking about what he was going to do next considering the fact that instead of proposing to the woman he is supposed to marry, he spent the night with a different woman whom he actually likes. All he knew for sure is that his mother was never going to find out about any of this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Petra got back to her room, she quickly changed into some of her own clothes and neatly folded Levi's clothes. Right as she hid his clothes, Aylin walked into the room.

"Would you like to join Levi and me for breakfast this morning?", Aylin asked as Petra quickly turned around, trying not to act suspicious, "I partly saw you guys dancing together at the party before I went out into the garden for some fresh air, it seemed like you guys really bonded last night".

Petra nervously laughed at those words, "Um, yeah, it was fun. I'd love to join you guys for breakfast", Petra responded.

The two headed to the dining hall where Levi was already waiting. Petra and Levi quickly smiled at each other as Petra held up a discreet thumbs up signaling everything went fine and no one knows about them. 

"Good morning Levi, how did you sleep last night?", Aylin asked him.

"I slept great last night. It was the best sleep I've had in awhile", Levi smiled as he sipped his tea.

"How about you Petra?", Aylin also asked her, "I noticed there was a tear in your dress, did something happen?".

"Oh, I just wanted to get that thing off quickly", she said, "After it was off, I slept really good, like, really good. In fact, I could've... slept all night", Petra mentioned as she began to eat her food. Levi coughed up some of his tea when he heard her say that. Petra just looked up and smiled at him. Of course both of them knew what "slept" actually meant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later in the day, Levi and Aylin were going to play some badminton outside. Petra had come to help set up the net and show Aylin how to play. Levi watched her as she put the net up. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. As Petra was showing Aylin how to properly play, he found himself still staring at her. He wanted her right there in that moment. He realized he was biting his lip but stopped when he was snapped back into reality when Aylin called him over to begin playing. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Petra had finished setting up for them, she sat back and watched them play while reading a book. 'It's like one hundred degrees out right now', Petra thought as she fanned herself. Levi seemed to agree because he started taking his shirt off and Petra looked up from her book, noticing all of his muscles she had seen the night before. She couldn't take her eyes off of him as his body glistened with sweat. Levi looked over at her and she quickly resumed her reading, trying to hide her smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night, Levi had been waiting in his room when there was a knock at his door. He yelled for the the person to come in. When he turned to see who it was, he saw Petra standing there holding his clothes he had let her borrow. She dropped the clothes and ran over to him. He embraced her as he smashed his lips against hers. 

"Today was the worst to get through", Levi said when ever they came up for air, "Watching you outside today was just-", Petra cut him off as she kissed him again.

"Are you kidding me?", she said as he began kissing her neck, "It was terrible for me to have to watch you out there with no shirt on and be able to contain myself", she told him as she began taking his shirt off.

"I thought you would like that", he smiled as he picked her up and laid her on his bed, "Now let's get to it, shall we?", he asked her as they began their activities for the night.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi everyone, I hope you liked this chapter. I really just wanted to write about Levi and Petra so that's why there aren't many other characters in this one. Anyways, I hope you are enjoying the story so far. I know it may not be the best but I am enjoying writing it and I plan to keep going with it :). Thank you!