Chapter One

A/N: hiya! Just wanted to say that I took a lot of inspiration for this book from one of my favorite BL mangas of all time. If you haven't read it, you should definitely check it out. It's called Cherry Blossoms After Winter. It was also recently turned into a k-drama, which now has one season. I'll leave the trailer in that video thing up above. Now, this story is mine. I just took a couple things from the manga. (which I also have made my own)

"The poor thing...well, at least he has a nice and familiar home to return to." A lady speaking with Mitsuki whispered, trying to be quiet but her words still drifted over to Izuku.

The tiny greenette sat on a bench, knees drawn up to his chest as he rested his chin on them.

"I have no problem taking him in, I have the room and I really do love the Midoriyas." Mitsuki whispered back. She sent wary glances at Izuku who was staring blankly at the turtle designs on the wall.

He didn't want to be rude and eavesdrop, but they were terrible at whispering and they were talking about him. He wasn't very old yet, but he was smart enough to know that if adults were whispering about you..then it meant something serious was going on.

In the past month, a lot of adults had been whispering around him. Then they'd approach him bearing gifts and soft words. He didn't know why they were treating him this way, he just wanted to go home.

"That's amazing. A lot of kids take losing their parents especially hard when they're forced into environments they're not comfortable with. At least Izuku trusts you and your husband." The nice lady places a hand on Mitsuki's shoulders, eyes showing how grateful she was for the woman's kindness.

Mitsuki felt her own eyes water. She'd be a terrible person if she allowed her best friend's son to be thrown into the system. If this was the other way around, Inko wouldn't have hesitated to take Katsuki in. Even when Inko was less financially stable than Mitsuki was.

Plus, Izuku was a great kid and Mitsuki loved him.

*Later that day*

"So, Izuku, I'm happy that you're moving in." Mitsuki said, trying to sound as cheerful and enthusiastic as she could to brighten the mood. Little kids usually fell victim to that, feeling the vibe instead of what was present inside.

It didn't seem to work though as Izuku frowned as they came up to the Bakugou's resident. "I don't want to be here.." he said lowly. He didn't want to hurt her feelings, but it didn't feel right living anywhere that wasn't with his mom. "I want to go home..to my mama.."

Mitsuki halted her steps, Izuku stopping beside her to look up at her respectfully. The blonde woman felt her eyes water as pain struck her chest. It was no surprise that young Deku didn't yet understand his mother was gone. Gone permanently. And it hurt her so badly. To lose your mother at such a young age..was sad. And on top of recognizing his pain and mourning, she was still dealing with her own grief.

So she did them both a favor and kneeled before him, taking his freckled cheeks into her shaky hands. Izuku took note of the tears in her eyes, slightly guilty that he put them there.

"I know..Izuku. I know you want to see your mom, and I do too..but you can't." She breathed out, air catching in her lungs. This was probably the worst thing to explain to someone so young and small.

He hadn't even begun to embrace the world yet and it was already taking stuff from him so mercilessly.

"Why not? Is she still sleeping at the hospital?" Izuku asked, tilting his head. Tears began to build in his eyes, the fear of never seeing her finally settling in. He had been there when she passed and had interpreted it wrongly as just sleeping.