20. Shades of our eyes

*Not my drawing, credits to the artist

*Please ask questions for the Q&A on this story at the end of this chapter ;)

"Oh no, no, no! I'M NOT READY!"

Normally, it should be the other way around. Servants running around the castle, juggling between the wedding preparation and Zenitsu's one. But apparently, an unusual marriage comes together with an unusual husband, as Zenitsu was the one pacing around the bedroom which was now in total wreckage. Kanao and Aoi were just standing there, the latter holding the tuxedo in her hand.

"Well, here we go again... huffed Aoi.

- We should find a way to appease him, indicated Kanao.

- To appease him? He's torn the place down into ruins!

- That's a bit exagerat-

- It isn't." interrupted Aoi, visibly getting fed up with the blond's anxiety.

Yes, dear readers, the day of the marriage had come. The preparations were being set outside on a very bright and sunny day. It was nearly eleven in the morning, meaning the guests could be coming anytime now. Ahhh, love, friends, happiness. Everything to soothe everyone, right?

Well apparently not everyone, as Zenitsu had only one thing haunting his thoughts:

"What if I mess it all up????

- Zenitsu, you won't... affirmed Kanao.

- I could stutter, and I could fall and... arrrgh!" he shrieked before curving into a ball, rocking back and forth in a corner of the room while bawling his eyes out.

Aoi held a hand up to her nose, pinching it with irritation. If they didn't do anything, Zenitsu could somehow manage to actually turn the wedding into a catastrophe. But to be frank, she wasn't particularly good with reassuring people, and Kanao would be too soft to shake the blond awake.

They needed someone a bit more forceful.

You could say that they got it.

"CHAAAARGIIIIIIING!!!"

The door burst open, revealing the boar. Yes, THE boar: Inosuke Hashibira.

"Inosuke Hashibira is here!" announced the latter, proudly putting his hands on his hips, lifting his chin in a prideful pose.

As if to stress his words even more, the door came off its hinges due to the sudden shock and fell in a loud thud. Aoi shrieked, before shooting daggers at Inosuke.

"This is supposed to be the princes' bedroom not a fuc-, hum hum, fricking battlefield! Do you understand that?

- Huh? deadpanned Inosuke. What is Penitsu doing?

- Pause! sighed Aoi. What are YOU doing here?

- Pause? inquired Inosuke. You're playing time's up or something?

- That's not what I s-

- Let me think! announced the boar-masked boy, trying to figure out what Zenitsu would be imitating. Hmmm, is it an onigiri?

- No, it's depression." deadpanned Kanao.

Aoi stared at the latter, mouth agape. Since when did Kanao start to be so blunt? This scene was very much chaotic, and she didn't know how to deal with that. The whines, Inosuke shouting out random words he thought Zenitsu was imitating, and now Kanao getting on the fun: she needed to take matters into her own hands.

"WOOOW!" she shouted in a bone-chilling sound, which echoed throughout the whole castle.

Aoi had now the attention of everyone in the room, except Zenitsu who still was sobbing.