three;

-Juvia's POV-

It's been a week since then. I haven't had contact with anyone, even Gray.
I haven't bothered to confront Megumi or Satomi about what they said. Well, it's not like they care either, so there's no point pursuing it.

"You know, being alone sucks.", I sighed, slumping the upper-half of my body onto the desk.

I was in the library alone, as usual. Nothing's changed, apart from the fact that I've stopped wearing make-up. Personally, I don't have a problem with wearing it, but it was a part of my 'act', so I've decided to forsake it.

While I was deep in thought, I heard a loud thump. It was probably a book falling to the ground or something, since the library is always empty. Nothing special.

"Ow.", I heard a voice squeal in pain.

My eyes widened in shock. I jumped out of my seat in order to find where that noise came from. After searching through a couple of the rows, I found a girl with short, shoulder-length blue hair and thick nerd glasses lying on the floor.

"Are you okay?", I questioned.

She turned around, and smiled. "I'm okay. I was just trying to get that book, and it fell on top of me."

I felt my heart melt at her adorable smile, and even more so because no one usually smiles at me.

I stepped towards her in order to help her up, and I couldn't help but notice the book title.
Hunger Games: Catching Fire.

"You like the Hunger Games trilogy?", I accidently blurted out in excitement as I grabbed her tiny palm.

Crap. I'm a massive Suzanne Collins fan, and I just accidently initiated a conversation. Oh, I hope she doesn't feel bothered me.

She cringed in pain slightly as she got up, before replying to me.
"Yes, I do. You seem like a pretty big fan yourself judging from your enthusiasm.", she chuckled.

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment, but that changed instantaneously. After seeing her in pain, I became worried, and escorted her to a comfortable looking seat.

"You seem like you're in pain. Do you want me to take you to the infirmary?", I requested.

"N-No, it's fine.", she stammered, trying to conceal the pain. I examined her body for any cuts or bruises, and I noticed that she had scraped her knee, probably from falling onto the floor.

"You're not fine. You've scraped your knee.", I pointed at her injury.

"Wait here. Since you don't want to go the infirmary, I'll go get you a plaster.", I instructed her, before racing off to the infirmary.

"Wait up!", she called out.

"What's wrong? Did I miss something?", I asked in 'doubt'. In truth, I was scared that she might not like what I'm doing for her.

You know, since I'm a curse and all.

"Thanks."

My eyes widened ever so slightly in astonishment, but it quickly turned into a pure smile from the bottom of my heart.

"It's alright. Since I'm helping someone so kind, I don't mind.", I responded, slowly sliding the door shut.

Wait.

"What's her name? I'll just ask her once I get back.". By then, I had fully closed the door, and was heading towards the infirmary.

As I walked down the hallway, it was surprisingly quiet, until I ran into someone by accident.

"Watch where you're going, idiot.", a rough, harsh voice scolded me.

"Oh, sorry.", I replied rather timidly, not making any eye contact. He seemed quite scary.

"Of course it's you. If you're going to apologize at least look at me, Juvia.". I could recognise the way he pronounced my name, and his condescending way of speech, so I immediately raised my head.

"Gray? Haha, I'm sorry.", I tried to play it off as if I didn't have clue it was him, and then attempted to brush past him.

"Wait.". He blocked my path, but I didn't have time for him.

"Sorry, I'm busy.", I interjected, quickly pushing past his bulky arms.

-Gray's POV-

She hastily ran off after pushing my arm away. Jeez, I was just going to ask if she's feeling okay since last week.

"Tch, girls.", I scoffed.

Well, judging by her energy, she looks just fine.

"Why is she in such a hurry anyway?", I wondered to myself.

Oh well, it's none of my business.

-Juvia's POV-

Phew, I've finally got the plasters!

"Hmm, I wonder what Gray wanted though?", I began to ponder, resting my index finger on my chin and slightly tilting my head, as I walked down the hallway.

He wouldn't have stopped me like that for no reason, so it might have been something important?

Oh well, it's not a big deal.

Shrugging the subject off, I continued walking until I reached the library.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door to the library. I guess I'm just nervous since no one really has seen my 'true' self in a long time, and I'm frightened that she might not like it.

"Hey, I'm back with the plasters.", I announced, waving it in the air as if I had found some sort of rare treasure.

"Oh, there you are.", she smiled at me like a lost puppy. Aw, she's so cute!

I ran over to her, unsealed the plastic cover on the plaster, and gently placed it over her injury, tapping it lightly with my finger in order to secure it into place.

"Thank you, um?". I got the signal that she wanted my name.

"It's Juvia. Juvia Lockser.", I introduced myself, wearing a smile that surprisingly came naturally to me.

"I'm Levy McGarden.", she introduced herself, extending her arm out to greet me.

I happily took the offer, and shook her hand. After exchanging smiles, we both sat down and began talking. Then, as we were actively talking about the Hunger Games, she said something that shocked me entirely.

"We've really become great-friends already, haven't we?"

Friends?

It's been a long time, since I've had an actual one.

I felt tears welling up within me, and without any control they begun slowly trickling down my face one by one. However, these weren't tears of sadness; they were tears of joy.

"Juvia, what's wrong?", Levy's expression had become morbid as she peered into my eyes.

"Yes we have, haven't we?", I sniffled, but smiling as the warm tears streamed down my face.

"Juvia, you don't need to cry.", she laughed as she pulled me into a hug. I just continued sobbing into her arms.

I've made a friend. Even someone like me has made a friend.
I'll treasure you, Levy McGarden.

___________________________

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I've never really involved Levy before even though I really love her character!

Please vote and comment your opinions! <3

Also, I've begun a new fan-fiction called "Social Opposites". Please go have a read a read of the prologue! >w<