Chapter 8

Today officially starts thanksgiving break and I'm so excited because I get to go over to Ocean's house for thanksgiving dinner and I'm bringing cinnamon rolls. Today my friends interrogated me about how my date went with Matthew and so I told them all about it. They kept interrupting me so they could ask me the randomness questions of all time.

"Tooth, what movie did you guys go see." asked Jada

"We went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the best part was that he had bought all the tickets to the movie showing that we went to so I got to pick any seat I wanted to."

"What seat did you pick?" asked Ocean.

"I chose the very middle seat and it was amazing. Do you guys know what we are doing for our activity this week?" I asked but no one new.

Then Matthew came up to me and stood next to me and held my hand. I smiled and didn't pull my hand away because I liked this feeling of having someone that I like to hold my hand. As we talked more about what I had found out about my parents, my friends kept smiling at me because they all knew I had a really big crush on Matthew and we already went on one date for the time being.

"So guys we need to figure out some way to contact my parents. Do any of you have any ideas?" I asked as we went inside my house to the living room.

No one had any ideas so we talked about other things to do over break. We decided we were going to spend a day at the beach just for fun and not worry about my parents for a while.

Today is Wednesday and after my friends and I went to the beach we all went to our own houses. When I got back to my house I found the front door was open and I was sure that I had closed the door behind me when I left, so I went inside and found Matthew looking around at things.

"Hey Matthew, how did you get inside?"

"You left the door unlocked. I wanted to see if you were doing okay because I know that you have been scared to try to transform into a dragon lately because of the headaches you've been getting when you do it." he said and didn't quite meet my gaze.

"I'm totally fine Matthew. If you want to you can come with me out back to make sure I'm safe while I do transform." I said really hoping he would say yes.

"That would be very comforting to know that you are safe at all times so I will go with you. And plus I just want to hang out with you some more."

"Alright then. Just let me grab something to eat first then we can and I'm glad you decided to come with me" I said and into the kitchen to grab a snack. Once I was done with that we walked outside to my backyard so we could get to the forest faster. When we finally got to a good spot, I took off my jacket so I could maneuver faster if I needed to.

"Hey Toothless, just remember that I'm right here to make sure you don't pass out again."

"Thanks Matthew for sticking with me the entire time." I said and transformed into a dragon. Then a couple of seconds after I transformed, we heard a sound in the bush and then someone jumped out of the bushes and scared us so bad that we thought that we were going to die. When everything calmed down, we got a good look at the person who had scared us. It happened to be a kid from school. Neither me or Matthew liked very much. His name is Liam. Thankfully he was concentrating on something else and thank goodness it was not me. But as I started to back up, I stepped on a branch and that got his attention. He looked up and just stared at me. He couldn't seem able to wrap his head around what he was seeing but then his gaze stranded from me and found Matthew.

"Matthew w-w-what is that be-behind you." he stammered.

"Well it's my science experiment for school. It's the life size of what I think a dragon looked like back when people said dragons existed."