Part 27

(Words written in italic are things that happened in the past..)

David's POV:

Yesterday was absolutely amazing.. the kiss- it still replays in my head over, and over again. I can't get her out of my head. But she's dating someone else now, so there's really no point of making things work anymore. I guess her having a boyfriend already is just a sign for me to start my love life again. I'll just have to get used to the fact that she won't be in my future.

I'm already at the studio, we're getting ready for the last scene; Ross and Rachel's Central Perk kiss. I'm slightly nervous, we're going to be kissing in front of a much larger crowd this time. But I kissed her yesterday so I bet this one will be fine. Yesterday I was so into the kiss that I almost didn't stop- I ended up slipping my tongue in her mouth.. I better not let that happen today. I look at myself in the mirror one last time, making sure my hair is fixed nicely. It's supposed to be slightly wet because in a part of the scene I'll be waiting outside for her to open the door, and it's pouring outside. Well, not outside, on the set. 

I walk out of my dressing room, I don't find Jennifer anywhere. It's fine, I'll get her off my mind for a little. I see Matt sitting on an armchair, looking over tomorrows script. I need to talk to someone- I have too much on my mind. I walk over to him, sitting on the sofa across from where he's sitting.

"Hey, man." he says, a smile growing on his face. Wow, he's actually being nice.

"Hey.." I respond, nervously fiddling with my fingers.

"Don't worry about the kiss David, and don't worry about Jen. Speaking of her, I'm sorry about the break up.." he says, guilt in his eyes. He feels bad. Huh? The world is literally changing so much.. Matt used to hate me, and now he's nice. I can tell by his face expression that he actually feels bad for me, his eyebrows are slightly furrowed and there's a small frown on his face.

"Yeah, it's fine.. I can't fix the past." I respond with a sad smile, running my fingers through my hair. We talk for a few more minutes, Matt calms me down a little, which helps out a lot. I never knew he could be such a greta person. Marta comes running over to us, ready to announce something.

"David, it's time.." she exclaims, clapping her hands together. I inhale deeply, as if oxygen is the only thing that could save me from this. A rush of panic kicks in my head and my body. I'm not ready.. and least I don't think I am. I follow Marta and look behind me, waving at Matt as he gives me a thumbs up. I respond with a smile and continue following her. 

We arrive to the Central Perk set, I see her. She looks so beautiful... She's wearing a black shirt, with a dark skirt and an apron on top of it. Her hair is tied up in a bun and she's sitting on the orange sofa, reading over the script. Courteney is sitting beside her, it looks as though she was trying to settle her down. I guess Jennifer is as afraid as I am right now. 

"Okay, Jennifer and David get in your spots!" the directors shout at us, as I walk towards the exit of the coffee-house. I get in my spot, at last noticing how many people are actually here. There's the audience on the balconies above us, then there's the camera crew, and the whole cast. And a few more people I definitely do not recognize. I finally meet Jennifer's blue eyes, she looks pretty nervous. Okay, here we go..

(..)

 "Not, not, not every night. You know, and... and it's not like I didn't try, Rachel, but things got in the way, y'know? Like, like Italian guys or ex-fiancés or, or, or Italian guys." I yell, we're both starting to tear up, trying to stay in character the best we can. 

"Hey, there was one Italian guy, Okay, and do you even have a point?" she yells back at me.

"The point is I... I don't need this right now, Okay. It, it's too late, I'm with somebody else, I'm happy. This ship has sailed." I yell again, I feel hundreds of eyes staring at us right now, making me slightly uncomfortable.