chapter two.

Chatter filled the makeshift cafeteria as everybody had just now began returning from their long hours of hard labor. The port finally completed meaning everyone had to start preparing for the arrival of more enemy and new comrades.

You leaned against the table and munched on some bread as you listened to Sasha talk. Despite your current situation, you couldn't help but live in the present while everyone else worried of the future. Maybe this is why you preferred Sasha's company more than anybody else's.

The young brunette never liked stressing herself out thinking of the future, said it would give her gray hairs early — she lived in the present and made the best out of any situation that was thrown her way. Her presence felt like a breath of fresh air to those around her, it was no surprise Sasha has so many friends. Hell, even Floch likes Sasha and he doesn't like anybody.

"And then he tried to take my meat so I-" Sasha was cut off by Armin's voice called both of your names from afar, he jogged over in a state of stress.

"Have you seen Eren?" He spoke aloud but you knew the question was more directed to you considering the two of you almost never left each other's side.

"Um no. The last time I saw him, Hange and the others were taking him back to his cell for the night." Armin sighed

"Yeah he was, but Commander Hange said he asked to stop for a second to take a piss and when they looked back he was gone." Armin explained, running his hand through his hair. You sighed and gave your unfinished reread to Sasha who gladly took it.

"I'll help you look."

It wasn't uncommon for Eren to run off sometimes. Frankly, it happened whenever he got stressed and didn't feel like being smothered anymore. He never went far, never went somewhere completely off the grid, but always somewhere he knew you and only you would find him. Today being an example of that.

Legs burning from all the walking, you finally reached the rocky shore where you saw a distant body swimming in the water. Muttering an annoyed "what the hell?" under your breath, you walked closer to the shore.

Stepping up to the elongated rocks that acted as a deck, you make out your brown haired boyfriend bobbing up and down in the water until he finally noticed you. His eyes lit up as a smile stretched onto his face and he pulled himself out of the water, wasting no time in running towards you with open arms.

Making a playfully disgusted face, you curled into yourself and Eren threw himself onto you and wrapped his arms around you. You groaned and he squeezed you tightly.

"Gross, you're all wet." You playfully complained, he didn't say anything and instead pulled away, holding you by your shoulders. "Why did you run?"

He shrugged, "I didn't run." You gave him a pointed look, "I merely got distracted by a butterfly and casually walked away from their line of sight."

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah well it's still considered running, Eren." You placed your hands on his chest, "What are you doing here, anyways? It's already dark."

"Just wanted to take a little swim." He grabbed your hand on his chest and lead you towards the edge of the rocks where he let go of your hand and jumped in.

"Since when do you know how to swim?" You giggled, Eren's head emerged from the water and placed his head between your thighs with his arms folded on the side of your thighs.

"Since now, of course." Smiling cheekily, Eren placed a kiss on each side of your thigh.

"Haven't you heard the stories of this place?"