2 >< The new Greenie

Gally, Newt, and I all raced in front of the crowd of Gladers towards the box. Gally got there first, and Newt and I tied.

"Oh c'mon! You had a head start!" I complain. He ignores me and hops down into the box.

"Day one Greenie. Rise and shine," Is what my brother says to him as he and a few others hurl him out of the box and onto the ground. He had dark brown hair and looked like he was about our age. Some of the Gladers are younger than others, like Chuck, but most of us are around the same age.

Most of the boys laugh a little at the sight of the new Greenie and how afraid he looked. I shot a few of them quick glares and they shut up pretty quickly. Suddenly, the Greenie got to his feet and raced off into the distance. That earned a few cheers from the crowd, and those cheers soon turned into laughs once he tripped and fell onto his face.

This time I joined in on the laughs. I couldn't wait to tell Minho that I won the bet. The Greenie got back on his feet slowly and looked around at the maze. It was a lot to take in at first. Newt and I were already next to him by the time he turned around.

"Alright Newt, I think we should bring this one to the pit until he calms down."

"Agreed,"

We drag Greenie to the pit and throw him in, then close the gate.

"We should get Alby. Tell him that the Greenie went on a bit of a run this morning." I nod at Newts words as the two of us set out for the dining area.

"Hey Alby!" I call once we get there. He turns around and jogs over to us.

"Newt, Y/N, what do you need?"

"The new Greenie is in the pit. You should probably go talk to him."

"Alright. I'll head over there soon," Newt and I leave and walk around the Glade for a while.

"So what do you think about the new Greenie?" I ask Newt after a while of silence. He just shrugs.

"Eh. He might be interesting for a while, but he'll probably end up being just another Glader. Not that that's a bad thing of course." I just nod in agreement. The sad thing was, he was probably right about that.

We look over and see the Newbie with Alby, and decide to properly introduce ourselves.

"Hey Alby," I say once Newt and I get there.

"Hey (Y/N). Green bean, this the Newt, and (Y/N). When I'm not around, they're in charge."

"Good thing you're always around then," Newt says. Alby just chuckles, and Newt keeps talking.

"That was some dash you made earlier. For a second there I thought you had the chops to be a runner. Until you face planted." I let out a small laugh.

"Hey (Y/N), go find Chuck for me," Alby says quietly. I nod and run off in search of our not so new Greenie, while Newt stays with the. Newbie and Ably.

Narrator POV

Alby, Newt, and the newest Glader climbed up to the top of the watch tower and looked over the Glade as Alby explains the rules.

"We only have three rules. First, do your part. We don't accept slacking off. You do that, and this doesn't work. Second, never harm another Glader. This doesn't't work if we can't trust each other. Third, never go beyond those walls. You do these things, and you and I will get along just fine."

"Alby, you're missing one," Newt chimes in. A small smirk grows on Alby's face and Greenie just looks at them with a confused face. "Fourth rule? I thought you just had three?" Newt chuckles,

"This is more of an unspoken rule. About (Y/N). Since she's the only girl in the Glade, no one touches her. Unless she gives consent, but that hasn't happened yet. For your own safety, I suggest you don't break that rule. Or-"

"Or else you'll kill me. I get it."

"No. She'll kill you. But if you somehow survive her, then yes." He nods, looking slightly afraid. "Ok. Got it." Just then, they hear a shout from below them.

"Hey Alby!" It was Chuck. The boy was short and stubby, and carrying some supplies for the new Greenie. "Hey Chuck. Wanna help the new Greenie get settled in?" Alby asks.

"Sure thing," Once he says that, the three descend from the tower and go their separate ways. Alby goes to help make preparations for tonights fire, Chuck and the new Greenie go to set up his hammock, and Newt goes off to find (Y/N). She was sitting under a tree, looking out at the maze. Newt take a seat next to her.

"Every day I worry about them when they go into the Maze." She says after a few seconds.

"Me too. But Minho and Ben can take care of themselves. They have come back every time. It'll be ok."

Once Newt says this, He looks back at the Maze and smiles. "See, there they are now," He stands up and offers his hand to (Y/N), and she takes it as the two of them go to meet Minho and Ben. Chuck and the Greenie were wandering towards the maze, and it looked like Chuck was trying to stop him. Well this should be good.

Greenie gets closer and closer to the entrance of the maze, but as he goes to take another step, Gally shoves him onto the ground. "What do you think you're doing?!"Gally yells at him. "I-I.." "GAlly calm down!" I call after him as Newt and I jog over towards him. "Listen to your sister Gally," Newt tells him. The Greenie gives us a confused look. "Sister?" "Yes Gally's my brother. Got a problem with that?" He shakes his head and scrambles to his feet. I turn back to Chuck.

"Chuck, take the Greenie back. I'll see you guys at the bonfire tonight." He nods and runs off, with Green-bean following closely behind him.

(Y/N) POV

"Next time, I'll let him leave," Gally mumbles under his breath. I give him a small shove and run off with Newt at my heels.

"We might have to start keeping an eye on that Greenie. I've got a bad feeling about this." Newt nods and we continue to walk in silence until the sun starts to go down.