lxiv. | "is this really happening?"

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

☦︎︎☦︎︎☦︎︎

DOROTTYA MERRILY STRUTTED DOWN THE SIDEWALK with no cares in the world. She was having a hard time finding the grocery store though for she'd been walking in circles for a moment now. It just seemed like there wasn't exactly one in town. She peered over her shoulder, while still walking, seeing if she missed the turn for the store, until suddenly, she bumped into another good looking redhead.

"Ah!" Dorottya fell flat on her bottoms.

The woman turned around faster than lightning. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, dollface!" she looked down at a crumbled Dorottya. "Are you alright?" she questioned in concern.

"I am just fine." Dorottya quietly assured, giving the woman a tightlipped smile.

"Here. . . let me lend a hand." the woman bent down, her arm extending outwards. Dorottya quickly took it and the woman helped hoist her back onto her two feet. The woman looked Dorottya over for she didn't recognize Dorottya at all, eyes narrowed, then it finally clicked. "Hey, wait, you're one of the three newbie's on the block." the woman chuckled.

Dorottya swiped the muck off her pants, making sure she wouldn't look a hot mess when going to the store. That'd be embarrassing. "I am. Nice to meet ya. I'm Dorottya." she held out her clean hand.

The woman shook her hand. "My name is Estella Leighton, but please call me Stella!" she smiled just to show off her new teeth for she just got her veneers today. Dorottya opened her mouth to talk, but Stella talked before she even had the chance. "Will you be at the talent show?"

Dorottya cheerfully nodded. "I will be. I'll actually be in it with two other people, my roomates if you know what I mean by that." Dorottya playfully raised her eyebrows.

Stella giggled. "Splendid, just splendid, Dorottya! Glad to see you're already having fun!" she clasped her hands together, winkimg at Dorottya. "Are you going to the planning committee party in an hour then, doll?" she asked, tilting her head.

"Unfortunately, I am not. I have to go shopping," Dorottya told her, showing her the small list of things. "But my wife will be!" she smiled, praying Stella would approve of two girls being in a relationship. She wouldn't mention Vision just yet, she would take tiny baby steps at a time and reveal it soon enough.

Stella nodded at every word. "Oh, no worries. There's always next time for you. I'll make sure your wife has the time of her life," she patted her shoulder. "I think we're going to be good friends, doll. Have fun shopping." she continued to walk down the street, opposite of the direction where she was originally going before Dorottya slammed her face into her back. But Dorottya didn't seem to notice that.