Chapter 1

Copyright ©Horackova84 2021
All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced in any form on by an electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval systems, without permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review.

Welcome to Beyond Summer! Please comment, vote, and add to your reading list. Thanks for reading!

Cameron

The last class of the semester had just finished, and my phone was already blowing up with texts.
23 notifications.

What the hell?

"Cam what time is your flight coming in?"

"You comin to Trevors house tonight?"

"Hey Cam Bam can't wait to see you :)"

I rolled my eyes at the last one. My ex Sophia has been texting me non-stop, knowing I was coming home for the Summer. We broke up before I left for college Freshman year, but she still somehow has it in her mind that I'm going to move back home and marry her once I "get other girls out of my system", and get my degree.

I was taking the 2 hour flight back home this afternoon to my hometown, Seabrook, and I was honestly relieved. It had been a crazy year between playing Lacrosse and trying to keep up my crazy schedule at school.

Every summer my group of friends I've known since middle school, all came back together and caught up with each other. We were spread all over the country, but we made the pact to reconvene each Summer, and so far we had never broken our pact.

I was ready for a Summer of boating, parties, and catching up with my friends. Interning at my Dads company, spending time with family.

No homework, no stress from my coach, and hopefully no drama.

That evening I sat at my families favorite restaurant beachside with my mom, dad, sister, and brother-in-law. My family was small, and very close knit. My parents are both only children, and have been married for almost 30 years. My Dad owns one of the largest Investment companies in the state, and we live in an estate in the wealthiest part of Seabrook.

My dad is a huge guy at 6'5, with my same sandy blonde hair. At 6'3, I thankfully inherited my height from him as well. The only part of me that favored my mom was my blue- green eyes. My sister Gia favored our Mom more with her dark hair, and shorter frame.

"Cam what time are you heading out tonight? We aren't holding you are we?", my dad said smiling over at me. I laughed and put my phone away. "Sorry Dad it's just Trevor bossing me around about what to grab on the way over to his place, you know how he is."

Trevor and I had been best friends since 6th grade. He was a second son to my parents, and if he wasn't throwing the Summer kick off party this year, he would of no doubt been sitting here having dinner with us too. I normally spent half of my Summer at his house.

"It's ok son, it's good to see you but I know you miss your crew," my dad said taking another drink of wine. My mother stopped talking to my sister for a moment and gave me a smile. I narrowed my eyes, I knew that smile, she was scheming.

"Cam hunny, you'll never guess who I ran in to today at my salon! Sophie! She looked absolutely beautiful. Just cut 5 inches off of her hair, so chic looking." My mom gushed. My mother had always been very firmly, "Team Sophie", even after our breakup, and is just as delusional as my ex that we are getting married one day. I couldn't hold back my eye roll.

"Is that right? How nice for her." I said sarcastically. My sister Gia snickered under her hand. She knew there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell I was getting back together with Sophie.

And I knew why she cut her hair. I had posted a group picture of me and some friends on my Instagram last month, and I was standing with my arm around a girl I had been hooking up with that had a bob haircut. Sophie's crazy self had text me 5.3 seconds after I posted the pic with a snide text message.

"So that's the look you're in to now huh???"
I deleted it and didn't bother replying.

"I don't know why you're so harsh to that poor girl." my Mom said frowning. "You would think the two of you never dated."
"Because I try to forget." I say blandly. This time Gia laughs out loud, even her husband Eddie can't hide his laughter.

"Gia Marie!" my mom scolds.
"Oh come on Mom, Sophie is a stage 5 clinger." My sister said giving me a knowing look.
Sophie had tried sucking up to Gia in the past, but my sister can smell a fake girl a million miles away, and wanted nothing to do with her. She had actually warned me to not hook up with Sophie in the first place, but sadly I was thinking with the wrong head when I made that decision.

We wrapped up dinner and I hopped in my truck to head to pick up the supplies Trevor had text me for.
I was ready for the night to begin.