The Desperate Kingdom of Love

It’s been a few days, or at least it feels like it, and I’m not as upset as I was the day Lucas left. I still can’t believe that he got mad at me because I slept with Nathan. I guess that I shouldn’t have been that shocked by it, but I mean come on, he could’ve at least been happy for me like I was happy for him when he decided to leave. I’m getting upset again, so anyways, let’s get back to now. I woke up and noticed that Nathan was looking at me.

“Were you watching me sleep?” I asked as I rolled over to look at him.

“Maybe, but I was also thinking about how I hope this can happen every day.” Nathan replied, which made me smile.

“I thought about that too, and I think that it’ll happen.” I said back with a smile.

I couldn’t stop twisting the promise ring on my finger. Nathan got it for me yesterday, and I haven’t taken it off since. He told me that the ring would symbolize his promise to me that one day, when I’m ready that we would get married. I gave Nathan a promise ring as well; it’s funny how great minds think alike.

I went to give him a kiss, and when I did, his phone rang. He grabbed it, and said that it was his mother calling. I hope that she doesn’t know about us yet, but we’ll just have to see. I got up and went to shower while Nathan called his mom back.

“Is everything ok?” I asked as I came out of the bathroom, and noticed that Nathan had a long face.

“It’s my dad. My mom said that he’s in the hospital. He had a heart attack.” Nathan replied as I walked closer to him.

“That’s terrible. Do you want to go see him?” I asked Nathan as I stood next to him.

“Yeah, I think I should.” Nathan said back as he headed toward the bathroom.

After Nathan got dressed, I told my mom, who was home with Brycen, where we were going, and they told us to be careful, and that they hope Dan gets better. Nathan thanked them, and we headed to the hospital. We walked into the hospital and headed to Dan’s room.

“Can I help you?” a nurse asked as she looked up from Dan to us.

“I’m his son.” was Nathan’s only response.

I griped his hand and had to tug his arm when he asked the nurse, “Is he going to die?” The nurse told Nathan that he needed to talk to his mom, and that she was in the chapel. Nathan and I headed to the chapel, and I let them have their time before I said or done anything.

“Mrs. Scott, I’m so sorry for all that you’re having to go through, and if there’s anything you need, then please don’t hesitate to call.” I said as I place my hand on her shoulder, since she was sitting down in the pew in front of me.

“Thank you Kristi, that’s really sweet of you.” Deb replied while rubbing my hand, but I noticed that she kept rubbing her hand over the promise ring.

Deb then looked at my hand, and then grabbed Nathan’s and looked at his. I knew then that this was going to get nasty real quick. Nathan and I tried to talk to her, but she was dead set on being mad. Deb then blamed us for what happened to Dan, and walked out of the chapel. Nathan and I looked at each other and just decided that we would go back home, and let her cool down.

“Is everything ok, sweetie?” my mom asked as we walked into the house.

“Nathan’s mom freaked out on us because she saw our promise rings.” I replied with a sigh as I sat next to my mom.

“Just give her some time. She’ll come around.” my mom said as she hugged me.

I nodded my head and that’s how our day ended. Nathan and I just enjoyed our time with my mom and Brycen, but I noticed that something was off. I finally got tired of the feeling, so I asked the question that was on my mind.

“Mom, is there something that you want to tell me?” I asked as my mom looked at Brycen, and then back at me.

“Well, honey, Brycen and I got married.” my mom replied with a smile.

I looked between the two of them, and couldn’t help the huge smile that came on my face. I hugged my mom, and then went to Brycen and hugged him. I was so happy, and I was happy that they got married because I was afraid that I was going to have to help them out. Nathan and I went to bed after that, and I couldn’t wait to tell Brooke and Peyton, so that they can help me throw my mom and Brycen a party. Guess this goodnight, and I know I’ll sleep well because I have Nathan next to me, and my mom is married.

Kristi's outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/kristis_outfit_ch.1/set?id=150041899&lid=4264080

Kristi & Nathan's promise ring: http://www.polyvore.com/kristi_nathans_promise_rings_ch.1/set?id=150044303&lid=4264080