Chapter I

"1...2...3...4..." you heard Fred calling. You took off at a run to find your spot. You were playing hide and seek, like you always did at these reunions. The Burrow was the best venue for hide and seek because there were so many great hiding spots, both inside and out. Fred and George seemed to be the best at this game, but you had one secret spot where no one could ever find you. You ran down the stairs quickly, hoping you wouldn't be heard or spotted. Your parents were in the sitting room with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, waiting for the roast to finish and you tip-toed to the one area where you shouldn't have been, the kitchen. It was an unspoken rule that the kitchen was off limits when Mrs. Weasley was preparing dinner, but you were never one to follow rules. You heard the adults talking in the other room and knew you had a very limited window to get situated. You opened the cabinet under the sink and went to climb in when you realized there was already someone in there.

"Hey! This is my spot!" you whispered, still trying to keep your cover.

"Well too bad, I was here first," he spat back.

"READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!" Fred called. Your eyes went wide in panic and you shoved yourself into the cabinet.

"Slide...over..." you said as you dug your elbow into George's side. You knocked over stacks of bowls and pans and you quickly shut the cabinet door hoping to muffle the noise.

"I can't believe you took my spot," you grumbled.

"Your spot? I don't see your name on it," he teased. You smacked him and he winced. "Now, that wasn't very nice."

"Shh...you'll give our position away." You heard footsteps coming across the tile floor and held your breath.

You sat there for what seemed like hours, whispering insults back and forth and laughing about stupid things. The hardest part about sitting there was that dinner was starting to smell amazing. It was torturous. That was the downside to having a great hiding place; you were stuck there until you got found.

"Okay, I give up. You guys win. Just come out now," you heard Fred calling.

"Should we?" you asked George.

"Nah. It's more fun this way."

By this point all of the kids were looking for you both, and maybe even the adults. It was hard to tell for sure, considering you were curled up in a cabinet, but you could hear lots of footsteps and your names being called repeatedly.

"Kids, come for dinner!" Mrs. Weasley called.

"What about now?" you asked George, thinking that the seekers would stop looking for you the minute their eyes caught sight of the meal.

George shook his head no and you trusted he knew what he was doing. "Just wait for it..." he whispered.

As if on cue, both the cabinet doors suddenly flew open. You had been caught. You then realized, it was Mrs. Weasley who had caught you and she had yet to notice two children were in place of her kitchen supplies. She was turned and was calling for the older boys to come and set the table.

Slowly, very slowly, she turned around and bent down to tend to the cabinet. George's face broke into a warm smile, knowing what was coming next.

"AAAH!" she shrieked upon seeing your childish figures cramped into such a small space. You and George erupted into laughter at her reaction as everyone else scurried in to see what had happened. Mrs. Weasley was leaning against the counter, clutching her heart before she essentially beat you with a dishtowel to get you to come out.

"George! Y/N! What on earth were you thinking? You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Weasley! We didn't mean to. We were just playing hide and seek," you spoke, innocently enough. Her mood completely changed and it was as if nothing was wrong.