Chapter 6 - Cat

Obito's POV

      I place my hands behind my head as I slowly make my way home, not feeling too hurried. I close my eyes for a second and lean my head back, taking in a deep breath. Unfortunately, that second was enough time to crash into a wall. Ouch....

      I look around hastily, hoping there wasn't anybody around to see that, and much to my dismay................a stray black cat had been nearby to witness it. The cat and I just stare at each other for a few seconds before I stand up and pick it up.

      "No witnesses. Come along, you're mine now" I state, holding the fluff to my chest as I continue on my way home. Surprisingly, it doesn't protest, just mews silently and cuddles up to me. Now I just have to hope that Kakashi isn't allergic to cats.

~~~~~~~~~~~Third person~~~~~~~~~~~

Obito opens the front door, walking to the bathroom first and placing the cat in the tub, "I'll be right back, little one, I just need to check something first," He pats its head softly before washing his hands and leaving, heading into his room, first, changing into a forest green T-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants.

      His mom and dad had been allergic to animals, so whenever Obito wandered over to play with strays, they always had him change clothes and wash my hands before they went anywhere else, so he decided to do exactly that before coming into any contact with Kakashi, just in case.  Not to mention he doesn't know if it has fleas, or any other diseases.

      knock on Kakashi's door, quickly gaining the oh so formidable response of, "Yes?"

     Obito opens the door. The younger wasn't doing anything too special, just sitting criss-cross on the bed and writing in a notebook, "Heyyyyyyy, just curious, are you were allergic to cats by any chance?"

     The answer the ravenette gains is an eyebrow raise. Very helpful, man, very helpful.

   He just sighs, "Kakashi, it is imperative that I know if you are allergic to cats or not."

     "Uh- okay? No, I'm not allergic to cats," the other states, confusion clear in his voice.

      "Great. Thank you," Obito responds, serious tone dissipating almost immediately, "Also, what would you like for dinner?" He questions, wanting to kill two birds with one stone.

      "Hmmm...." Kakashi ponders, "I'm not all too hungry"

     "You sure? We have plenty of food, instant ramen, leftover onigiri, fish, and soup..you can have whatever,"The ravenette lists, trying to think of a food the other might enjoy.

      "Really, it's fine, if I get hungry I'll make it myself, okay?"

      "Positive? Grandma would end me if I let a guest go hungry" the taller replies.

      "Yeah, I'm sure, thanks, though" Kakashi responds, calmly, offering a slight closed eye smile.

      "Ooookay, if you say so" Obito shrugs, "welp, just come down to the kitchen if you need me, and I would suggest avoiding the bathroom for the next hour or so."

      And before Kakashi got the chance to articulate a good response, the older had closed the door and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~Obito's POV~~~~~~~~~~~

      I walk into the bathroom to see the cat napping on the mat before looking around the bathroom in hopes of finding my baby shampoo. Grandma had a pet bird once, I think.. maybe she had some baby shampoo or something lying around?

      Avoiding stepping on the cat, I decided to check the sink cabinets first, and lo and behold, baby shampoo. Wow, that was fast.

      I set it on the side of the sink and carefully pick up the cat. It was around a foot in length (30.48 centimeters) and around 3 inches in width (7.62 centimeters). "I've come to a stunning conclusion," I say, trying to act smart, "You are dirty" I tell it as I turn on the water, checking and adjusting it occasionally to make sure it's not too cold or hot.

      Finally settling on a good temperature, I carefully place the cat in, earning a mewl of protest, but not any struggle, thankfully.

~~~~~~~~~~✨after the bath✨~~~~~~~~~

      I was very correct. That cat was
c a k e d  with dirt, dust, and grime of all sorts. It really needed that cleaning. I will be taking it to a vet in the near future, but right now, I need to make dinner. I know Kakashi said he wasn't hungry, but food is good. I'll just give him a small rice ball and hope he accepts it.
      For the cat, I'm gonna give it some raw fish I had caught a few days ago and hadn't cooked yet, and for me? I'll just have a small rice ball as well.

~~~~~~~~~~Kakashi's POV~~~~~~~~~~

      I was actually relaxing for once, since Minato-sensei, keeps telling me to, well, sorta. I was taking notes on chakra paths, types, subtypes, gateways, and some kekkei genkai that stood out to me. I was just onto my section on the ice release when I hear Obito call me out to the kitchen.

And that's a wrap! Damn, it's been a while.

I will be going over and editing past chapters a bit and republishing them, sooo... yeah. Have a good day/night/afternoon!