19

VERONICA MALFOY

He sighed and sat down. "Just one song, ok?" he said. I smiled and sat down in the chair next to the piano. "Thank you." I said. Draco placed his fingers on the keys and closed his eyes.

The music filled the room and I closed my eyes too. My mind filled with memories, but not of that horrible night. It is filled with good memories. I filled with memories of when Draco and I played pretend outside Malfoy Manor and ran around in the summer. I remembered when I first met Allison. How we were both sorted into Slytherin and instantly connected. I remembered our friend group getting blasted after the Yule Ball and all passing out in Draco's dorm. Then I remembered Mattheo. His smile, the way I hold his hand when he's upset, the way he protects me so fiercely. Then the song ended and I opened my eyes. I saw a tear fall down Draco's cheek as he put the cover over the piano. I sat next to him on the seat in front of the piano and wrapped my arms around him. "I know." I whispered. He was hurting. My brother is in so much pain and it's not fair. "I love you so much." I whispered. His eyes watered and more tears fell. He buried his face in my arms and I stroked his hair. "It's ok. He's not here. You're safe. You're safe and I love you." I whispered trying to calm him down. His cries turned to sobs and tears fell to my cheeks. "I'm sorry Draco. I'm sorry I didn't protect you." I said. "I just don't want to do this anymore." he whispered to me. I tried to hold back a sob. "Please don't leave me. Please." I asked. He hugged me tighter then sat up. "I'm sorry." he said. I lifted his chin to face me. "It's ok. Just promise me, you won't- promise me you won't leave me." I said. "I won't. I could never leave my baby sis." he said. I laughed. "11 minutes. You are 11 minutes older than me. Let it go." I said. He laughed and started to stand up. I pulled him back down. "One more song." I asked. "I don't know Ronnie." he said. "Please. Just one." I asked. He nodded and took the wooden cover off. He put his fingers on the ivory keys and closed his eyes. The second the music started, I closed my eyes and let the happy memories fill me again.

Once he finished, I felt at peace for a second. "We should go get ready for Hogsmeade." I said. He nodded. "Go ahead, I just- I need a minute." he said. I nodded and walked out. I shut the door and waited outside. I was going to leave but something held me back. I looked in the window of the door and watched him. He sat there staring at the keys. He raised his fingers as if to play again and then he paused. I held my breath hoping he would play. But he didn't. He put the cover back on and got up. I rushed away and went back to my room. I finished getting ready and everyone was meeting in the common room. I walked down and Allison wouldn't look at me. I said hi to the boys and Draco was better. "Allison, can I talk to you?" I asked. She stood up and we stepped into the corner. "I shouldn't have brought it up, I just don't think sometimes. It was stupid of me and I'm sorry. I won't talk-" she started. "Hey, hey, hey. It's alright." I said. She raised her eyebrows. "Really?" she asked. "Yeah, I try and pretend it never happened and I know I shouldn't. Sometimes it's just easier. But I talked to Draco, and it actually-" I started. "What?" she asked. "Ok, don't tell him I told you and don't make a big deal but he played again." I said. She smiled. "Really?" she asked. "Yeah, it was hard for him but he did it. I'm going to try and make him do it again but don't talk about it ok?" I said she nodded and zipped her lips. We walked back over. Blaise, Theo, Enzo and Draco all sat on the couches. "Finally, Ladies can we go now?" Theo asked. "One more thing, I invited Mattheo." I said. Enzo and Blaise's jaw dropped. Theo whistled and Draco rolled his eyes. "Are you dating him?" Allison asked. "I think so, I mean yes. I am." I said. "Is he good in bed?" Allison asked. "Yes, Bloody hell, yes. I mean he was like-" I started. "Nope! Absolutely not. You two can discuss that later. When I'm not standing right here." Draco said. I rolled my eyes. "Oh please Draco, we all have to hear about when you shagged Astoria, Pansy, Millicent, Pansy again, Pavarti, that hufflepuff, the ravenclaw, the other hufflepuff, then Pansy again-" I started. "Ok! Yes, Draco is a manwhore, let's move on." Blaise said. I laughed. "I'm just saying you're my little sister, I don't want details." he said. "You don't want to hear how big he was or how he was definitely the best sex I've ever had." I said. "No I don't. Ronnie seriously, have some class." he snapped. "Oh piss off" I snapped. "Yeah, I for one would love some more details on how amazing I was." Mattheo said walking down the stairs. He was pulling on his blazer and smirking at me. "Sometimes I wish I was gay." Blaise mumbled. We all stared at him including Mattheo. "Did I say that out loud?" he said. "Yes mate, you did." Enzo said. "Great. Good first impression." he said. I walked over and took Mattheo's hand. "Mattheo, this is everyone, everyone this is Mattheo." I said. They all said hi. "Blaise Zabini and for the record, I'm not gay." he said. Mattheo shook his hand. "Not yet at least." Theo whispered and Blaise punched him. "Yes, well thanks for that Blaise." I said. Mattheo chuckled. "This is Allison, my best friend." I said and she waved. "That's Theo and that's Enzo. And you know Draco." I said. "Yeah, we've met." he grumbled. "Gimme a sec." I said. I kissed Mattheo and they all began talking. Then I pulled Draco to the side. "What's your problem?" I snapped. "You know my problem." he said tapping the mark on my neck. "Oh get over it. He's my boyfriend." I said. "I don't like him." Draco said. "You don't like anyone." I replied. "I especially don't like him." he said. "You haven't liked any of my boyfriends." I said. "Oh should we do a recap? Ok. #1. You went out with Dean Thomas." he said. "That was like 3 months and I only did it to piss off you." I said, smirking. "#2. Theo." he said. "That was a dare, to see how long we could pretend to like each other. It lasted a week." I said. "Whatever. #3. Cedric Diggory." he said. "That was one date and I just wanted to fuck him." I said. He rolled his eyes. "#4 a real winner. Marcus Flint. The abusive rapist." he snapped. I just glared at him and he got the message. "Ok moving on, we now have Mattheo Riddle, the Dark Lord's son and Heir to the throne." he said. "What's wrong with him?" I asked. He stared at me. "Did you not hear the words Dark Lord's son?" he asked. "Did you forget how he saved you from Marcus and me from your father? Not to mention he actually cares about me and doesn't just want something. I like him and you don't get to say shit about it... mnawhore." I said. He just chuckled. "I'm not a manwhore." he mumbled as we walked back over. "Are so." I whispered. "Am not." he said and I laughed. Today might actually be a good day. My friends, my brother and my boyfriend. What could possibly go wrong?