battle scars

I've lost count of how many times I've questioned myself after making decisions for the "greater good."

It's like I have this invisible responsibility of being the "tough one."

"Kasi mas kaya mo."

"Kasi mas matapang ka."

Often times, I say yes.

I still choose what's best for others even if it breaks me.

Magbi-breakdown lang pero lalaban.

Na-manhid na ata ako.

I'm already at peace with how my life is turning out.

A great job, a "stable relationship" (but I don't mind growing old alone tbh), and my family who I love so dearly.

Then, I met you.

Nagulo ako.

Nagulo ako kasi naniwala na ako ulit na pwede kong piliin yung sarili ko.

Nagulo ako kasi naramdaman ko ulit na pwede pala ako maging masaya kahit magulo ang mundo.

Nagulo ako kasi hindi ko naman pala kailangan isarado yung mga mata ko sa mga pagkakataon na ganito.

You are my way out.

But you closed the door.

For the first time in my life, I wanted to fight for myself.

For the first time in my life, I refused to let others dictate what I have to do.

Maybe the hardest part was letting you decide.

"I have to lose you so that I can keep you."

That's what you said.

I guess sometimes, we have to lose the battle so that we can win the war.

That's bullsh*t, tho.

I have so many battle scars that healed, but the moment I lost you, I already died.