𝟎𝟏.

a/n: Char's outfit for the chapter is above!

✫彡𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆

There was but a sneaky ray of sunlight, shining through the transparent beige curtains. It provided a bit of heavenly grace to the mess that was Charlotte Bernard's suite. Strangers lied around every inch of the room, in peculiar and slightly uncomfortable positions, some dressed and some...not.

Bottles of liquor rolled around the floor before the door was slammed open. A noirette strolled in, taking in a deep breath. What a mess you made, Char. Lina pulled the curtains open as Angelina escorted the humans out of the extravagantly large suite.

"Get up, Charlotte, get up."

Charlotte squinted her eyes a few times before looking up at the two very discontent faces of her best friends, "Oh, hey, you are back from New Orleans," She rolled off the couch, landing flat ass on the floor, "Help yourself."

Lina ran a hand over her forehead, "What is this, Char?"

"My suite...I was having a party," She groaned, stretching her arms behind her back, "I think we stayed up a bit late."

"You think?" Angie huffed out, settling on the couch, "This is a disaster. You are spiraling. That's not the vacation of your life, Cher."

The Bernard vampire pulled a maroon blanket off the couch from under Angelina and lied on the ground before draping it over herself. "Really? Really, Charlotte?" Lina shook her head, taking the blanket off of her, "Get up and get in the shower. Enough Costa Rica for you."

"But why," The brunette whined out, her lips forming a pout, "I am having the vacation of my life and my first one, ever."

Lina placed her hands on the hungover brunette's forearms and pulled her up, seating her back on the couch, "Charlotte, you don't drink. You hate alcohol."

"I don't know about that, it's starting to be nice. I am getting used to the taste."

The Gilbert exchanged a look with Angelina who shook her head. That mess had been going on for too long. They tried to look away for a bit and give her space when she started this in Athens. She is heartbroken, let her live a little. Then came Bali, Tokoyo, Dubai, and even Bora Bora.

Sure, Charlotte Bernard wasn't hurting anyone. She didn't feed on anyone or hurt them. And yet, Lina couldn't help but feel like this wasn't the way. Charlotte was hurting, and she didn't want to face it—she was trying so hard to bury her emotions into the alcohol and one-night stands that were starting to become a twice-a-day type of thing.