Chapter 4, Disabled

About two years has passed since Infinite legally adopted Y/N. Infinite has been taking her outside more often to enjoy the sounds of nature. She has also been able to explore more openly and discover more smells and sounds.

     Despite having the papers proving that Y/N is his child, he is still careful when he sees Sonic, Shadow, or any member of the former resistance. Everyone gets incredibly suspicious of Infinite and everything he does while in their presence. Seeing Infinite with Y/N could easily be mistaken as child trafficking.

     As Infinite and Y/N were playing in an open park, he couldn't help but notice that his daughter was acting... abnormal. She was trying to feel everything as if she was lost in a pitch black room. Infinite crawled closer to her, Y/N felt his familiar fur and sat down in his lap.

     He knew that her eyes were closed, but he thought that the eye opening process was going slow and shouldn't interfere. He remembered his parents telling him as a child that they messed with his eyes during the process, therefore caused him to ever-so-slightly farsighted with his blue eye.(I am sure Infinite is not blind, I am writing this for story and entertainment purposes) Infinite does know that it takes awhile for a A/T's eyes to fully open, and he also knows that every A/T had different growth rates, so Y/M may be a slow grower.

     After the park, Infinite returned to the base with Y/N. He set her on the couch(Yes, Eggman had a living room apparently) and left the room to find Eggman when Orbot floated into the room.

     "Doctor," Infinite said with a hint of actual respect.

     "Hmm?" Eggman looks up from the robot parts he was welding, seeing Infinite not wearing a welding shield, he was just standing there with his trademarked mask on.

     "I was wondering if you could run some gentle tests on Y/N, she was not herself earlier and I want to make sure she is okay." Infinite said.

     "Ehhh... Okay." Eggman stopped working and began to clear off the table.

     While Eggman was examining Y/N, Infinite nuked a burrito in the microwave. He was trying to take his mind off of his child for just a moment, attempting to not get too worried. As his mind was about to wander off to space, Eggman came out with the H/C A/T in his arms.

     "I have some bad news, I tried everything to unconfirm it. But I think that little Y/N here is disabled." Eggman said solemnly.

     "What? What do you mean 'disabled'?" Infinite looked up at the tall human, disbelief in his eyes.

     "What I mean is; Y/N is blind."