Chapter 11.

“Apparently, Bakugou kissed Ashido.”

Apparently, Bakugou kissed Ashido.

Bakugou kissed Ashido.

Todoroki gritted his teeth and threw a heavy hand forward, releasing a huge torrent of fire that blew apart the massive boulder he was practising on. He immediately stamped his right foot down and froze the pieces in the air with the thinnest ice wall he could manage to hold them in place with, first. Then he crouched lower and kept shooting out ice, layers and layers rushing endlessly across the surface until he could feel frost forming across his cheek and cold settling into his bones. Then the frozen shower of broken boulder bits shattered into a million fragments of ice, that he quickly enveloped in a wide burst of fire to melt into a stream of water, in case the scattered shards hit any of his classmates training nearby. He could have just shattered the boulder with a simple shot of fire or ice and left it at that, but he was working on control, keeping it where he wanted, breaking it apart and further breaking it still how he wanted, with use of both sides of his Quirk.

He was… a little upset.

He let out a controlled breath that frosted in the air, flames still licking at his left arm and the left side of his hair.

He was more than a little upset, and he could tell it was showing on his usually impassive face. He hated that more.

At first, when he heard Jirou and Kaminari talking about it quietly as he stood out of their view in the kitchen, he’d been surprised, but he hadn’t thought it was true. Rumours tended to get over exaggerated and out of hand when it came to his gossip-loving classmates. Bakugou and Ashido were close, sure, even on first name basis, but he didn’t think it was anything like that. And there was that tiny, annoying little voice in his head saying Bakugou wouldn’t do that… right? He… He knew how Todoroki felt now, surely, and he… seemed to reciprocate those feelings to some degree.

But then he kept listening to their conversation.

“What? Bakugou- Ashido? Dude, no way, we’re all platonic as hell in our circle - well, except when we’re drunk but even then he never joins in. Plus, Bakugou’s got Todoroki, remember? Where’d you hear that from, Jirou?”

“I heard it from Ojiro and Tooru. Neither of them are the type to lie, and y’know Ojiro especially doesn’t over exaggerate things.”

“Well shit… What happened?”

“It was a couple nights ago, you know when we got drunk with Kirishima, Momo, Sero, Bakugou and Ashido, remember? We all passed out but Ojiro and Tooru apparently came down to the living room later, and saw them making out on the couch.”

“Blegh. Gross. Just- Blasty making out with someone- ugh. Anyway, Ashido was pretty wasted from what I can remember, but shit, Bakugou was like, stone cold sober, wasn’t he?”

“Yeah, Tooru said that he seemed pretty sober. Also, he leaned in first, apparently.”

“Ugh stop, you’re giving me goosebumps, I don’t wanna fuckin’ imagine it.”

“Oh get outta here, I know your gossip loving ass wants to know all the gross details.”

“You’re a hundred percent right, shoot.”

“Well you’re in luck because Tooru explained that shit in too much detail, ugh. For my own sanity I’ll keep it simple, basically they were just sitting next to each other and talking, then they went silent for a bit, and Bakugou just… kissed her, I guess. And then they just kept making out and Bakugou pushed her down on the couch-”

“Holy fuck, he fucking wh- Did they end up-?!”

“No, fuck, no! I mean, I dunno! We don’t know! But no, they didn’t right then and there on that couch, at least. Jesus Christ I do not need that mental image, I wanna go bleach my brain now.”