-·=»‡«=·- 𝕜𝕒𝕣𝕝 -·=»‡«=·-

»❝good old fashioned lover boy❞ —queen

Baseball practice. That was practically Karl's therapy. All of his worries that had built up over the past 24 hours would suddenly be lifted off of his shoulders. The only thing that would be on his mind was the bat and the ball.

So, after baseball practice, Karl always felt refreshed in the locker room. As the air was filled with awful male cologne, he would take a nice hot shower and pack his jersey in his duffle bag. The boys would make small talk as they shook out their wet hair and got themselves dressed.

George seemed off. He kept glancing at Karl and almost scowling at the kid. Karl couldn't even feel relaxed or refreshed with George's eyes burning into his back. Eventually, he had enough.

"Is something wrong?" Karl asked George with a bit of annoyance. Baseball was his escape and this kid had ruined it for him.

George flashed him a judgemental look. "You left the party early on Friday," He commented.

Karl winced at that. Yeah, that was kind of shitty, He thought to himself. "I wasn't feeling good," He told him. It wasn't completely a lie. He was having a bad trip, anybody could've seen it.

Quackity glared at George before looking back at Karl. "It's alright," Quackity assured Karl. "It happens to the best of us. I don't know why George is being such a dick."

Schlatt snickered at the comment, causing George to scrunch up his face. George then grabbed a wet towel and whipped Quackity with it, causing the Hispanic boy to let out a small shriek. George giggled as Quackity rushed to grasp onto another towel and attempted to whip George back.

Karl shook his head with a smile as he zipped up his duffle bag and slipped on a shirt. He was just putting deodorant on when George returned from the towel fight and leaned on the lockers in front of Karl. George was giving him a knowing look.

Karl stared at him with confusion. "What?"

George hummed and began to play with Karl's zipper. "Ohh, I don't know..." He trailed off, awfully ominously. His lips curled into a grin. "It's just that I saw you leave with Sapnap. I was wondering what that was about."

Quackity paused mid-changing. "Wait, is that true?" He asked in genuine curiosity.

Karl shrugged. "I mean, yeah..."

"What the fuck?" Schlatt said with a disbelieving laugh. "I thought we were on the same page about him. He's a fucking mutt from the streets. What're you doing hanging around him?" He scoffed in a judgemental tone. Geez, everyone seemed to be judging Karl today.

Karl felt like he was curling in on himself. Everyone in the locker room began to view him as lame and he knew it. He really didn't want to seem lame. Maybe he could come up with a lie? "He was the one that told me to follow him, I was just curious," He explained.

Schlatt wasn't buying it. "Why the hell would he do that? Where'd he take you?" He questioned.

Karl bit his lip and looked to the side. "I dunno, he just... we went to a field and looked at the stars. I think he might be in love with me," He lied.

Wait-

Quackity slapped a hand over his mouth and George gasped. Schlatt's eyes widened in realization and he smiled cheekily. "Holy shit, are you serious? Sapnap's in love with you?" Schlatt asked.

Why did I just say that? What's wrong with me?

Karl glanced at all of the others and the way they were looking at them. They didn't seem so judgemental anymore, that was for sure. Plus, it wasn't like Karl could retract what he just said.

"I mean... yeah?" Karl replied uneasily. "I'm not completely sure, but... I don't really know..." His voice trailed off. He was unsure of what he was even saying anymore. He couldn't help but feel angry with himself for what he was doing. Why would I lie about Sapnap like that?

"You should totally try and get him to date you, then you can humiliate him in front of everybody," Schlatt declared.

"What?" Karl didn't expect that to come out of Schlatt's mouth. Sure, Schlatt could be harsh, but this was next level.

"Yeah! You should!" Quackity agreed enthusiastically.

What the hell.

"It would be such a power move!" George added.

This is getting out of hand.

"I'm not going to lead him on!" Karl exclaimed with a scrunched-up face. "This is just cruel."

Quackity's face fell and George rolled his eyes. "Fine, whatever you say pretty boy," Schlatt mumbled in annoyance.

Karl gave them a nod. Let's just leave this be. But when he turned to leave the locker room, he felt a pit start to form in his stomach. He glanced back at the others to see them giving him looks and shaking their heads. I'm really disappointing everyone today, aren't I?

Despite being really against the idea, Karl decided to give in. "Alright, I'll do it."

Schlatt perked up immediately. "Atta boy!" He announced with a slap on Karl's shoulder. "You'll be a lover boy in no time." 

Karl felt a little sick at the statement, but he couldn't deny the fact that his stomach was fluttering at the thought of Sapnap liking him. He just wished it wasn't a lie. Hopefully, his plan to get Sapnap to date him would actually end up working out. But instead of it being a prank, he would just actually end up with him. Yes. That was Karl's plan.

Karl definitely couldn't let Schlatt find out about that.