Prologue: The Tree

The old mansion on the street always had a light on, the one-time Y/n decides to venture into it is the time they find out why.

The door creaked as Y/n opened it. Y/n was quiet when walking on the floorboards.

"Hello.." Y/n turned and jumped as a figure with flowers in their hair and a small bonsai tree in hand appeared "Why are you in my house?" Y/n looked a bit scared as they could see through the person standing in front of them "w-who are you?" Y/n said with a shake in their voice "Well I am Aloe!" said the transparent person "wait you live here? It's covered in vines and plants!" Y/n said shining a flashlight around "Oh well don't freak out more than you have but...I'm not alive sweetheart" Y/n dropped their flashlight when they heard this "...what" Aloe sighed "You heard me right! I'm dead, been dead and have stayed dead for all the years I've been here" Aloe walked over to the flashlight picking it up, their feet making a light tapping on the ground "Here, You dropped it" Y/n took the flashlight slowly from Aloe "Thanks...I'm Y/N it's very nice to meet you" Aloa smiled a bit "You seem to be shaking, is it cold in here or just me?" Aloe and Y/n stared at each other for a few seconds "Well that was a bad joke-" Aloe said sighing slightly "Yeah no shit" said Y/n sarcastically "Oh..." Aloe looked a little uncomfortable "Why are you here exactly?" Y/n pondered a bit "Oh...Um, well I live across the street and the door was open" Aloe looked at the person before them "Well would you like anything? Tea, coffee, water, food? You name it I probably won't have it but I'll look!" Aloe smiled gently and set the small tree they were holding to the side "I'll take a tea!" Y/n smiled a bit confused and yet happy to meet someone new "Let me go check if I still have that in my cabinets" Aloe walked away to another room while Y/n looked around at the plants. All the flowers and vines looked taken care of and alive, unlike the ghost they just met. Y/n walked over to a flower and touched it before hearing "HEY! Don't touch the flowers!"