The Love Potion - How To Kill A Witch

Chapter 11 – How To Kill A Witch

I heard footsteps approaching; I looked around in panic, where the hell should I hide! If she came in she would see me!

Quick think of something I said to myself desperately, searching for a place to hide. My only chance was behind those shelves packed with jars I dashed towards it, but halfway I noticed a small window close by, I contemplated whether I would have enough time to squeeze myself through the window and escape.  Except this was not the time to think, it was time to act, I pushed the tiny window open and began to climb, any minute now I was expecting Zoë to scream and say I found her.

In my haste to escape l lost my balance, slipped through the tiny window and landed on the hard ground, my bruised wrist unfortunately collided with a wall nearby, if it weren’t for the fact that I was in mortal danger I would have screamed for the whole world to know that I was in pain.

I laid there for a few seconds waiting for the throbbing pain in my wrist to subside, but it wasn’t getting any better, what I needed was to get home and swallow some painkillers, I gathered myself up and run through the darkness.

My car was parked a few miles away so I had to walk several minutes before I found the car, luck was on my side I didn’t run into those yellow beasts until I reached where my car was parked.

Zoë’s POV

Zoë stood in the middle of the storage room staring about wildly, something was off, she could feel it. Someone who was not supposed to come in here had been in here.

Christina, it had to be her, Zoë moved forward examining the room to see if anything was out of place or there was a hex hidden in here. Christina had that sorceress on her side and she wouldn’t be surprised if the stupid bitch had given Christina a hex to put on her.

Ten minutes later Zoë was convinced there was no hex, but her attention was drawn to her book shelf, there was a gap, where a book was supposed to be, she stared at the empty spot as anger began to build in her.

One of her books was missing, she couldn’t tell which one it was but it didn’t matter which one it was because all these books contained knowledge to powerful spells that could hurt her and she didn’t want Christina having that knowledge or power.

Zoë turned around with the intention of finding her stupid minions to yell at them, but found three of them standing in front of her looking very scared.

“What is it.” she yelled at them.

“My lady……..” one of them began to speak. “We couldn’t find the girl.”

Zoë rolled her eyes, she wasn’t very surprised, they were all idiots who screwed up the simplest job she gave them. “I’m going to give you another assignment if you screw it up, I will eat you all one by one.” Zoë swore at them through her teeth.

They gasped in horror but nodded quickly.

“Find that sorceress, Gloria, and kill her, I want her dead before the sun comes up tomorrow or you three are going to wish you were never born.” She yelled at them again. They nodded and run off before she could threaten them any further.

When they were gone Zoë turned her attention back to her books, there were so many of them and she couldn’t identify which of them had been taken by Christina.

Christina POV

I got into the car and drove away, I only stopped when I was at a safe distance, I needed to call Gloria, but I couldn’t drive and call her at the same time because my left wrist hurt.