♥️Chapter XLI♥️

As soon as the break had started, since Raina wasn't going anywhere it seemed, Kasey and Leilani had therefore gone to her instead.

When they had found her, she had seemed a little bit discouraged over something, and it was the fact that  she had almost bought the necklace.

"Don't beat yourself up, Raina. You're doing well," Leilani had soothed, gently rubbing her arm with Kasey nodding.

"We would have probably done the same thing." Kasey had added. "Now come on. Don't give up. You're almost there. You're halfway."

Gosh, Raina Riele had really wished that she could have swapped positions with them at least although she couldn't have done that.

She was just happy though that they hadn't kicked her out of Unsuspected Love because that was her biggest fear.

"Nah, we couldn't kick you out. You're really important believe it or not," Kasey had promised her, smiling.

They weren't kicking her out now although if she had screwed up one more time then they might have actually considered doing it.

Depending on how badly she had screwed up.

The break overall was twenty minutes long, then it was time for the other half of the auction.

Raina Riele had practically fallen asleep for the 11th to 19th items because she wasn't interested in those, and even if she was it wasn't as though she could have brought them anyway.

Because she couldn't.

"Now we have come to the last item of the night," Maverick had announced after about two or so hours. "Best till last."

The auction had started with about seventy five to eighty people, now there were about twelve.

He had taken the topaz tiara from the treasure chest, where everybody had gasped and cheered.

"Where's Raina? Is she paying attention?"

"Bless her," Kasey had commented, pointing to her through the TV screen. "She's sleeping."

Leilani had kindly told her to wake up through the phone and she had done that.

As Maverick was talking about the topaz tiara, like he had been doing for all of the items, as in talking about them, that was when Raina had eventually woken up.

It was €500K so if someone had bid more than that then that would have been senseless as they were paying more than what the tiara was originally worth.

Kasey had told Raina through the phone to start bidding, and she did.

The starting number was €1K euros.

Standing up as quickly as she could, she had made 1K euros 1.5K.

They could have only bid €5K euros or less higher (minimum 50 euros) than the amount said, if they hadn't listened to this rule then they could have gotten into trouble.

The Italian guy known as Giovanni due to his name tag that had bid Raina Riele for the necklace earlier had stood up.

Either he was interested in the same things she was or he was deliberately bidding with her a lot to get on her last nerve.

He was wearing a tuxedo and he was very handsome, even if he was wearing sunglasses.

His next offer was €3K with oohs and aahs going everywhere.