v. blood under her nails

lmfaoaoaoao as someone who loves dogs so much this hurt to write TT^TT

anws this part dedicated to vluevbeenie hehehz thanks for reading !! ♡

v.
━━━━━━━━━

"Frankie, what happened?"

That night, Frankie and I sat together on top of their couch after I treated her wounds. I wasn't sure what I was expecting really, and with her reddening eyes and nose she said that her mother was angry because she was pregnant.

My stomach felt sick when she said that. "By Seth?"

She said yes, and for a moment I was so shocked I couldn't speak.

I almost forgot I was talking to the same Frankie whose smile was so beautiful it had always caught me off guard; she was no longer the same. Sure, she looked different with her wounded eye and the bleeding nose but something else had changed aside from her face . . . it's as if she was dying little by little, with no hope of even fighting, with the flickers of faith in her eyes all dead and withered . . . but I'm not quite sure. She looked like a corpse.

"I'm sorry, Rowan," she said, her voice shaking, sad, empty. I blinked. I reached for her hand.

"How long have you been pregnant?"

"I-I don't know. I just found out today."

"What did Seth say?" I asked. "Is he gonna take care of it -- I mean, your child?"

Her eyes sparkled with tears again. My mouth opened, then closed. I haven't seen Frankie cry that much in my life -- I was only gone for a couple of months and seeing her again was like seeing a whole different Frankie. Was it my fault? I thought about it and I thought that there is no way. This is because of Seth.

"I haven't seen him in a month. I heard he left the town."

I thought I was feeling sick, but there was only a spinning sensation at the pit of my gut that time because I was so happy. I thought that my plans have succeeded -- sure there were a few faults that happened but the end game I wanted which was for Seth to leave Frankie was a success. That time, I was the only person Frankie had.

I thought that I would be able to take her away then.

"Frankie, I will help you keep your child, it's fine, I'm sure Mom would help us."

I thought she was gonna be pleased, but I was taken aback when I looked at her eyes, and there was blankness in them -- like her life would be going nowhere from there, and maybe . . . well, she was right. I wish I'd kept her from thinking that way, though.

"Frankie . . ."

She breathed in. She looked at me and said, "I need to be alone for a while."

━━━━━━━━━

Frankie loves horror movies. I don't. I prefer light hearted movies, those I can laugh at; Frankie thinks that's a little childish of me, but that's fine. All the horror movies she'd ever watched had become of use though when Frankie and I decided that we should dispose of her mother's corpse.