I Smell Secrets #FrostSilver

A/N Have some more PietroxLoki - I hope it's good. Also, if you want to know why Pietro likes the song Papillon by Editors, watch the music video (also, the poster above is by me). Happy Easter.

----------------

"Have I told you I love you lately?"

"You could always tell me again..." Loki grinned into Pietro's shoulder. He could feel the heat through the french window of the rising sun on his back and buried his head into Pietro's neck further. The light reflected off the light grey walls, brightening the room far too quickly for either Pietro or Loki's liking. This was the act of neglecting to shut the curtains the previous night coming back to bite them... though in their defence, they had been somewhat preoccupied.

"I love you," Pietro murmured as he pressed a kiss into Loki's shoulder. "Love you so much." More slow, sleepy kisses came between each confession, grazing Loki's collar bone, neck, jaw... Loki pushed himself into Pietro, chasing the extra warmth and comfort. The bed covers were lying in a heap at one end of the bed; both of them were restless sleepers.

"It's also your turn to make breakfast today." Fingers sank into Pietro's bed-mussed hair and guided his face up for a short kiss.

"You're mean, you know," Pietro whined. He was still only half awake and the prospect of breakfast seemed very far off. Too far off to bother about for now.

"Yes, but I feel confident in the fact that you love me." Loki swung his legs out of bed and pulled Pietro out alongside him, fingers twined together. Pietro groaned and thumped his head into Loki's shoulder, earning a chuckle. He felt deceptively strong arms wrap around him and shield him from the ever-advancing sunlight that was invading the room. "Come on. I can do some pancake mix if you want."

A sound that sounded vaguely like 'yes please' came from Pietro. Loki kissed him once more, before leading Pietro towards the door, dodging the clothes scattered across the floor.

----------------

The corridors of the tower were empty and gleaming pastel orange as the sun rose. It was a weekend, meaning Natasha would have been in the gym a few floors lower for almost an hour now. Clint would have rolled out of bed a half-hour ago and gone to join her with spiky hair and a half-drunk coffee. He'd have his ass kicked soundly for the next three matches before finally getting it together, and then the fight would even out. Tony was probably passed out with bruce down in the lab: they were both workaholics and were eagerly drawing up designs for Bucky's new arm. Steve and Bucky always slept in late; if it was a weekend the chances were you wouldn't see them before 11.30 am. Wanda always saved Saturday mornings for self-care. This involved draining New York's hot water supply in a long shower, a manicure and an hour or so of online shopping while her hair and nails dried off. This left breakfast to Pietro and Loki.

Saturday breakfast was usually something mediocre - like granola or toasted sandwiches - and the actual effort was put in on Sunday. This was because neither Pietro nor Loki particularly enjoyed cooking: it always took so long, so they couldn't be bothered. No one liked Saturday breakfasts, but no one was willing to complain because no one else wanted to do it. Then, Sunday hit and it was almost Monday. Sunday breakfasts were their equivalent of stress eating, so it usually involved ridiculous amounts of baked and fried things, along with chocolate and various syrups. Sunday breakfasts were a bitter-sweet affair. The food was delicious, but the sentiment behind it rather depressed everyone.

Today was a Sunday, hence the pancakes.

Pietro and Loki stumbled into the kitchen together, hands still firmly clasped, and clumsy kisses being exchanged. The large room was empty, only the rising sun to keep them company. It brought the monochrome kitchen to life, painting the shiny white cupboards in all sorts of shades of orange. Even the black counters danced with the early morning light, warming the room.