Chapter 1

~10 Months before the Wedding~

            I sighed, running my hand through my hair. I’d just gotten off the phone with Dina, my wedding planner, for the third time this day. Veronica and Nathan’s mom have been calling her back and forth asking questions and wanting to confirm details. Nathan and the boys have been gone for two months, touring with Justin Bieber across the Americas. I haven’t talked much to my…fiancé. Well, I haven’t talked to him as much as I’d like. Between trying to plan this wedding, After Rain, keeping the house in order, and getting a decent amount of sleep I was starting to become stressed out.

Ring, Ring!

“Hello?” I asked, leaning back into the couch as I held my phone to my ear.

“Hey Tor, I just got the photos of the flowers you were wanting. You do know they’re summer flowers right?” Veronica, my wonderful older sister asked.

            Even though in the beginning I said I wanted a spring wedding, I eventually decided to go in the “Winter Wonderland” direction. So far, it’s been decided that the wedding would be in London. Dina managed to book the ceremony at a beautiful church that looked like a castle. I fell in love with it when she took me to see it. I had to send pictures to Nathan because he was in New York at the time.

“So, I managed to find similar flowers, a beautiful white color, it’ll go with the theme” she continued.

“Right, can you…uh, email me pictures and…” I sighed “I’ll get back to you on that”

I heard her chuckle down the line.

“Don’t worry, sis, you’ll get through it” she said before hanging up.

            I tossed my phone to the side, returning my attention to the binder sitting on the center table. I pulled the table closer to me, looking over multiple résumés of photographers, caterers, florists, and DJs. I’d gotten the options down to four florists, two photographers, three DJs, and six caterers. I started reading over a photographer’s recommendation letter.

Ring, Ring!

“Ugh” I groaned. “Hello?” I answered in a sweeter tone.

“Tori, did you get my email about the reception hall?” Dina asked.

“No, sorry, I haven’t checked my email today” I replied, going upstairs to retrieve my laptop.

“No rush, Tori” she said “and I looked into those flowers. Your sister talked to me about them already, I think her other option was beautiful, but if you still want your first choice, I can get them ordered right away” she went on.

“I’ll look into them” I nodded “and I’m looking over these photographers. I think I have another option, but he doesn’t usually do wedding. I’ve worked with him before and he’s a fantastic genius with a camera. Can I give you his number and you look into it for me?” I asked.

“Sure” she said casually.

I gave Dina the number before hanging up.

            I set my phone on the table before logging into my email and looking at the pictures Dina sent me of the potential place for the reception. The inside looked lovely and was big enough to hold the amount of guests we were expecting. Sid came over to me from where he’d been sleeping in the den. He jumped up on the couch and lay beside me. I smiled and scratched behind his ear,

“You have it so easy” I smirked before returning my attention back to the résumés.

            My laptop started sounding off, the familiar tune of a Skype call causing me to look up and see Nathan’s face in the little box. I immediately answered him, seeing him sitting on a bed. I assumed he was in his hotel room, by the white sheets and tacky picture hanging above the bed,

“Hey babe” he smiled, his eyes gleaming and his hair dripping wet.

“Hey” I smiled, thankful to see his face again.

“You look tired” he commented, running a hand over his messy hair.

“Thanks” I replied sarcastically “you look fresh” I added.

“Just got out of the shower, we just finished a gig” he shrugged “what are you doing?”

“Reading over résumé’s” I sighed, tossing a paper to the side.

“I should be there with you” he said glumly.

“No, you should be sleeping because you have a busy day tomorrow” I smirked.

“You’re doing this all on your own, it doesn’t seem right to make you do all the work” he went on.

“Don’t start, Nath” I said calmly “being gone for days on end is part of what you do” I shrugged.

He sighed, shaking his head.

“You’ll be back next week and then I can dump all the work on you” I teased.

That got a small smile out of him as he stifled a yawn.

“Get some sleep, babe” I said quietly.

“No…no, I want to talk with you. It’s been too long since we’ve had a proper conversation” he said, shaking his head.

I smiled at his stubbornness.

“What have you got done so far?” he asked.

“Well, the church is taken care of, I just looked at a few pictures of the reception hall and… I’m pretty sure the photographer is all taken care of” I answered.

“What’s left?” he questioned further.

“Everything” I sighed, laying back into the sofa.

Sorry for such a long wait, hope you enjoy :)