How to improve self-confidence

No matter what the circumstance may be, there a few tips that can help you maintain a good level of self-confidence.

1: Prepare and equip yourself. Being sure of your capabilities and having a track record of successes is a natural way to raise your level of confidence. Your confidence is boosted when you are sure you will be successful in something because you've done it before. Train yourself till you have acquired all the needed skills in your specific field of work and take practice tests if possible. Successes in practice tests automatically raise your level of confidence.

2: Assertiveness. People are used to criticizing people and shunning their opinions. The more you allow your opinions to be ignored without taking a strong stance or defense, you begin to lose confidence in yourself. Stand by words and opinions, and try to explain every little reason for your actions or opinions. When people get convinced and accept your ideas regularly, your confidence level will be on the increase.

3: Have a positive self-perception. People, for various reasons, suffer inferiority complex. They have the perception that others are better than them. Many a time, this is due to the temperament of the person, especially phlegmatic people. Make a habit of thinking positively about yourself. Focus on your strengths and see your weaknesses as an opportunity to learn more. If someone is better than you in one aspect, take a look at their shortcomings and compare them to your strengths. Gradually, this exercise helps you develop an I am better than him mentality which affects you positively.