Chapter 2💌 Early Hours

Katsuki wakes up to a pounding headache. He sits up in a leisure way and turns to the window. It was still dark outside but there was no way he was going to be able to go back to sleep with this pain throbbing in his head. Books slide off of his body, a few dropping to the floor. He looks at them in confusion before glaring down at a picture of him and Izuku at the beach with their arms around each other. "Fuck, why'd I even waste my time?" It was weird for him to go down memory lane after all these years. Katsuki never realized that there were so many pictures of them as kids before he started to bully Izuku.

Just the thought of his childish ways made him frown. "Damn nerd. You've changed a lot." He scoffs to himself, "looks like you hate me now."

      It isn't like he gave a damn about whether Izuku liked or disliked him. He had more important things to worry about. Like his job, that's something he needed to be focused on. Not an old childhood friend.

Katsuki heads for the bathroom and takes a shower. He then brushes his teeth and gets dressed in some workout clothes. To be a bit sluggish he makes breakfast and eats. The news already had something about a few random attacks by some petty criminals. His old classmate, Eijirou, or better known as Red Riot, was on the screen as they were being interviewed by a reporter on the scene. Katsuki scoffs at how chipper he was. He could be a nuisance sometimes for him but Eijirou always stayed by his side.

After what seemed like two hours he made his way out of his house and into the peaceful streets of his neighborhood. He jogged for three miles through the peaceful neighborhoods. He passed a couple people by that were either jogging as well or just outside enjoying to cool air. Katsuki makes a sudden stop at a nearby corner store. Katsuki enters the store and is greeted by the tired cashier behind the counter. It wasn't his business that she was on her phone. Probably scrolling through social media or some bullshit like that. He heads toward the fridge to grab a bottle of water. From the corner of his eye he spots a giant figure at a another fridge grabbing a juice. He wore a black hoodie and red joggers with two white stripes going down the side.

Katsuki decides to mind his own business and head for the cashier. The girl exhales in disgust and clicks her phone off. She stands up and rings his item up. "$1.59", she groans. Katsuki goes through his pocket and grabs his money. But then he realized he was a little short in change. "Shit", he whispers.

"Uh-oh. Is someone a little short in change?"

Katsuki growls and turns around. Ready to tell the bastard to mind their own business. He stopped himself however when he saw that it was his old childhood friend. His stocky physique hovering above him. Izuku's shit eating grin pissed him off even more. "Mind your own damn business nerd", Katsuki hisses. Izuku steps forward and hands the girl another dollar. "This should make up for his change, yeah?"

The cashier nods her head. Her cheeks colored in pink as she grabs the change and hands it to Izuku. Katsuki snatches his bottled water off of the counter and heads for the door. His own face was red. He felt so humiliated by the fact that that had happened to him! Especially in front of Izuku, of all fucking people! Katsuki was getting ready to walk off when he spotted Izuku stepping out of the store.He wasn't sure what came over him, but he wanted to confront Izuku. An action he was sure to regret later if he contemplated on it. His hands ball up into a fist.

Katsuki barely jogs after Izuku. A frown formed on his face. "Hey!"

Izuku stops in his tracks and turns around to face Katsuki. He was a bit shocked that the hero was coming after him. He was sure Katsuki would go on his way and pretend that this didn't happen. Honestly, Izuku would have preferred that more than this encounter. He doesn't let Katsuki know that he's bothered by him. "Hello to you as well, Kacchan. Did you come to say thank you?"

"I-!" Katsuki growls under his breath. He hadn't thought his plan through in all honesty. Now that he stood in front of the nearly giant man, it was hard for him to form the proper words. "I didn't ask for you to do that." He leveled his voice at a low volume now, but aggravation still settled heavily in his tone.

      "I know", Izuku says, "as a matter of fact, I wasn't going to help your ass out. But I was in a bit of a good mood. So I didn't mind." Izuku slowly looks Katsuki up and down as if he were intrigued by the hero's presence. "I'm sure you have to get going. I know I do."

Katsuki tuts and crosses his arms over his supple chest. This new side of Izuku was quite interesting. Yet it pissed him off nonetheless. Katsuki just played it cool and didn't let his emotions get the best of him. "Since when did you get a backbone?"

The only answer he received was a scoff while the greenette turned away to head in the direction of his house. Katsuki glared at the back of Izuku's head. He was not going to allow that prick to make him look like an idiot. He chases after him, which didn't take long to catch up since Izuku was only walking. But his long legs meant long strides as he walked to his destination. "Are you trying to figure out where I live", he inquired.

"You sure have had a change of attitude", Katsuki says instead of answering. Izuku's question wasn't even a curiosity of his in the first damn place. Besides, if he wanted that information he could easily look up his address. Again, he wasn't interested. "I didn't think I'd see you for years", Katsuki continues, "and if I did, I thought you were gonna be this shy, stuttering mess of a grown man."

"Well, one of us hasn't changed."

"I don't have to prove myself to you. Whether I've changed or not."

"That's very true. Same thing with me." Izuku side-eyed Katsuki, his expression softens as he looks him over. "What is it like to be in the top twenty? Pretty neat huh?"

Small talk, huh, Katsuki questioned mentally. "It's whatever. Not as great as it would be to be in the top ten. Number one doesn't sound so bad either."

"It's just a spot", Izuku states, "I don't see why most heroes find it fascinating to have a top rank. Just do your damn job."

There was venom laced in those words. Katsuki could sense it. Only an oblivious idiot wouldn't be able to catch on to it. "Does your sudden change in attitude also change your love for heroes? You were such a big nerd for heroes, you knew everyone. It was a bit annoying."

"I grew out of that stage in my life where I fawn over someone that's still a human just like me. They only difference being they only had powers", Izuku pressed.

      The blond haired man didn't know what to say after that. This man had most definitely changed. It was uncanny to him. It didn't settle right in the pit of his stomach. What the hell happened to him these past twelve years? Their conversation drew out longer, a lot of moments being filled with silence until their walking seized to a stop. He hadn't realized that they were at Izuku's place. "Well, this is my place. Thanks for walking me home, hero." The sarcasm made red splotches grow on Katsuki's cheeks. He hadn't planned on walking all the way to his place. "I-I wasn't trying to follow your ass home!"

      "Don't mind it Kacchan. It was....entertaining to have you around." Izuku walks up to the gate and waves, "see you around."

Izuku stepped through the gate and closed it shut behind him. The heavy metal making a squeak that resonated in the neighborhood. Katsuki narrowed his eyes at the paint chipped sky blue door. "Whatever Deku", he spits quietly into the silent air.