Chapter 9: Wanting to be-friend Ms. (Y/n)

Childe waited for the information to reach him privately. The Fatui could take this as an advantage knowing that (Y/n) herself has some kind of relationship with Diluc, the owner of the Dawn Winery in Mondstadt, and is a tycoon with lots of connection. Him being in the way of their plans, it certainly made it hard for the agency to reach the outskirts of Mondstadt. The city itself doesn't seem to welcome Snezhnayan folks like them.

He sigh as he remembered what happened yesterday with you. He had to admit, seeing you embarrassed was really delightful and entertaining. He somehow was needing to see more of it in the future, if that is, he will meet you once again. But, that thought can also be arranged.

.
.
.
.

"Isn't staring a bit rude?" Childe said with a smirk as he crossed his arms on his chest. Catching you staring at the Geo Archon.

Immediately, when you heard him say those, your cheeks went instantly red as you look up to him to meet his empty ocean eyes. You went red even more when you saw him smirk at you as you avoided his gaze.

"I-I'm not staring!" You protested as this made Childe chuckle, fueling to annoy you even more.

Moving to where you're avoiding your gaze he bent down a little to look into you eyes once again as it made you flinch a little, "But the red cheeks doesn't lie, Ms. (Y/n)." He said as he giggled like a child(haha).

You rolled your eyes and huffed as you avoided his ocean blue orbs. You have to admit, he is attractive, but that doesn't change the fact that he's in the fatui, and you are told to never trust those people that's involve in that organization.

Childe on the other hand was still occupied with the thought of you being somehow connected to Diluc. That one man that made it hard for them to finish their activity. Maybe having a duel with him once again wouldn't be bad, but knowing how Aether is going to get involved nonetheless might be hard. If you were really somehow connected to that dangerous pyro user, then this interest of him towards you might have more reasons to it.

All he needed to do is to wait for the information he was expecting on that newbie that he had given the assignments to. He can't wait to know so much about you.

.
.
.
.

You were asked by none other than Zhongli if you wanted to see the wonders of Liyue itself. Of course, Refusing from a handsome man like him would be an idiotic thing to do. Childe watch as Zhongli offer you his hand as you took it with a light blush on your cheeks.

Damn, he hates it when he's feeling envious about something. Then again, he's in no right place to whine about it. After all, you seemed to hate him because he's in the organization that you would most likely to avoid. He gets that.

"Traveler! Carry me on your back!" The drunk bard shouted towards the blonde boy who looked at the Anemo Archon in disgust.

"Seriously, Tone-deaf bard. Everywhere you go, you're always drunk." The little creature beside the blonde hair spoke in disappointment.

" You're always drunk~ " The bard mocked the tiny creature as she glared towards him as the bard giggled.

Now, Childe is aware that this little Bard that's walking on his side, and so does Aether is the Anemo Archon himself. Signora has already gotten what she needed to get from this bard, but Childe knew that this bard has something up in his sleeve and that he's not someone to be messed with especially with that innocent and playful attitude that he plays.

Childe didn't even notice that you're walking beside him now as Zhongli take the lead of leading the way.

With your arm crossed on your chest, you smirk, "isn't staring a bit rude?" You said, copying the same tone he gave you earlier as you smirk at him.

Childe seemed to snap away from his thoughts and looked down at you,catching you smirk at him.

"isn't that my line earlier to you?" He said, giving the same smirk from earlier.

"I'm mocking you, idiot. You're staring at my drunk friend." You said as your smirk went a little bit wide.

Childe has to admit, you look very much more attractive when you're displaying a much more cunning and cocky attitude. Childe seemingly smiled at the thought as he scoffs, "So, Ms. (Y/n) care to tell a tale?" He asked, hoping you would at least introduce your life to him.

You smirk and gave him a mocking smile, "Do you really think that I'd tell you about my life? You're lucky if i did." You said as you scoff also.

Childe chuckle as he sigh, "Well, if you're not, then might as well tell mine." He said as he wink at you in which caught you off guard. That was attractive as hell.

You shook the thought out of your head as you surprisingly laugh, "Is this a way to gain my trust, Fatui Boy?" You asked smirking at him.

Childe's eyes widened a bit as if he was thinking, then his pink lips curved up into a smile, "Maaaaybe~" he said grinning at you, "Maybe i just want to get to know you better and make friends with someone like you." He said as his shows a sincere smile.

You narrowed your eyes at him, those words of him could mean two things. He may be serious about forming a friendship with you, or two, this could be a scam and that he's just doing this because it might benefit his organization. But, couldn't hurt to be friends with a dangerous man like him. If he does scam you about this friendship thing, then he messed with a wrong girl to do it with.

Scoffing, you might as well give it a try. I mean, your life has been kind of a little dull but now it's turning to be a bit more exciting after you met Aether.

"Maybe I'll give you a try. But i must warn you that I'm not someone you should underestimate." You said, a bit sternly but giving a little tone of tease in it.

Childe's smile lit up as he jumps a little, "Good! I'll start my story!" He said, a bit enthusiastic but you thought of nothing to it. Maybe he's just genuine about being friends with you.

And there, Childe boasted out about his life in Snezhnaya and that he has so many siblings, but the one sibling that he always talk about is Tuecer. You just listen to it and said nothing, because he keeps on talking. Though, you had to admit, he's a great story teller.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Thank you for reading! I can't believe this book has already reached the number of 18k+ thank you so much🙇‍♀️