Welcome!

Welcome to the insanity!

I am Michelle. I have performed in my school's non-audition band, audition band, and marching band on the flute. I am in both the non-audition band and audition band currently, and participated in this year's marching season. When I was in middle school, we did after school jazz band for two months, and I played alto saxophone. I have been playing the flute for almost seven years now and have absolutely loved it. I loved playing alto while it lasted. 

Band means a lot to me. Gosh, I'm tearing up right now. Without band, I don't know where I'd be in life. When I had nothing, I had band. Band is what has gotten me through life. When Covid-19 shut down my school, it was one of the worst times of my life. School was horrible, only two of my teachers did video conferences, the rest said I had to learn everything on my own. I was given more work than I have ever been given. I would work non-stop from 8 to at least 5 every day, not even stopping to eat most days. Many of the things that help me cope with stress were ripped away from me. I could no longer go to band. I could not see my friends (while I could text/call/etc, I need hugs from my friends to function). I could not attend my church meetings. All of that was taken away from me. My life finally started to get a little bit better when marching band started. Thankfully, I have lived in an area where there aren't as many cases, so in June we could begin our competitive season. I had not realized how much I had missed band. I was seeing my band-family again, and I was playing with others again, and we were readying ourselves for performances. I finally had hope. Marching band got me through the summer. We have been in-person for the most part, but marching band was not affected the couple times we went to hybrid or online. Band and fanfiction was what got me through the brief periods of online school or hybrid schedules. Just barely, we got to perform for a live audience for the first time. I am so glad that I got to have a final festival season concert. We didn't get to have one last year. My final first concert was in 2019, as was my final Christmas concert. Four concerts were taken from me by something as small as a virus. Don't ever take band for granted. Someday, everyone of us will have to leave it behind. We all must leave high school eventually. And 2020 has shown that crazy things can steal this from us. We will all have to experience life without high school band. None of us will be truly ready for it. So don't take for granted what you have now. Cherish it. Cherish the skills you'll gain, the friends that are like family to you, the teachers that care for you. 

Sorry for the emotional stuff there. If it weren't for my dehydration, I would have cried.

In dedication to my love for band, I have decided to create this book. I love band, and I love fandom. Why not combine them? Why not make high school band AUs? 

That's exactly what we got going on here. I don't know how many one-shots I'll put in here myself, and I don't plan on writing any for a while. But you are all welcome to submit one-shots of your own! 

Below is instructions and a Q&A. Please read those! Lots of vital information there!

Instructions to Submit One-Shots:

1. Write your High School Band AU one-shot.
2. Make sure you edit and proofread your one-shot! Get rid of as many spelling and grammar errors as you can, and make certain your one-shot says what you want it to say and how you want it said.
3. Send your one-shot to cowboysrappin.
4. I will edit and proofread the one-shot myself as well. This does not mean you don't have to do it yourself! I am simply running through it, making sure there aren't mistakes. Sometimes a new set of eyes can do wonders in the editing process. But I don't have time to edit and proofread the raw material.
5. I will publish your one-shot, dedicate the chapter to you, and tag you.