Chapter 5

Kit heard a gasp come from the owner of the eyes. He stepped back to let the one of the most trusted people in his life crawl out from underneath a bed. Boy this reunion took a wrong turn somewhere! Snarked a voice in Kit's head. Ty turned away and hid his flushed cheeks from Kit. 
"How did you find me?" Ty asked, sounding slightly abashed. Kit stared at Ty's face not entirely comprehending the question. Ty's hair was black as night, wavy and covering his eyes at times. His skin pale like the lightest of cream silks. His muted pink lips  were slightly agape at being caught. His sharp almost emaciated face drew kit's eyes like a magnet. 

Kit was snapped back to reality by Ty waving a slender pale hand in his face. 
"Ummmmm... Well... Oh! I heard two people breathing when I walked into the room." He stammered. Ty looked confused like he was about to ask Kit something when they heard Dru calling for Kit. Who proceeded to grab Ty's hand and drag him along too, before Ty shuddered under the touch and Kit let go, sending Ty an apologetic look. Ty gave Kit a look that Kit tried and failed to decipher. They walked towards Dru and she baulked when she laid eyes on Ty. Shooting Kit an 'oh dear' look that was jam packed with emotions. Kit glared at Dru then turned to Ty and softened his glare slightly. He then proceeded to storm off down the hall away from the two Blackthorn siblings. 

~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP!~~~~~~~~
Ty's Focus

Dru had decided to take Ty to the gardens earlier. She had said that they would wait there for Tessa to deal with Kit. Ty had not expected the park to be full of flourishing flowers who's honey sweet scent wafted with the breeze through the crisp evening air. It was just past 7.30 and the sun had truly set. The shadows had clawed their way into the park. Consuming all the light there had been apart from the glow of their seraph blades and the occasional street light. Their was still no sign of Kit. Ty turned away from Dru not wanting her to guess his train of thoughts. Ty tried to redirect his thoughts, but to no avail. He conjured up an image of Livvy in his mind, he was guilty that he had not called her or updated her on his situation yet. The image of Livvy morphed into one of his memoirs from after the dark war, of Livvy and Kit kissing. He felt the same twang in his heart that he had at that moment. It was a rare occurrence that he had this particular twang but he couldn't determine what it meant. Ty set a mental reminder to ask Dru or Livvy about it later.

Ty's focus was drawn to a point a few metres in front of him. where the golden light of a portal suddenly shimmered into existent. Out of the portal stumbled Kit who looked disgruntled, as if he had been shoved through rather roughly. Kit stumbled with his extra momentum. Straight. Into. Ty. Their noses were so close and a sudden thought popped into Ty's mind. He dismissed the thought into the category of 'think about later'. Kit stepped back and brushed himself off. 
"Oh... um sorry about that, Tessa shoved my through when I wasn't expecting it. So have you guys seen the demons yet? They usually show at about 8-9 pm." Kit was speaking in whirls which was splitting Ty's thoughts into millions of different directions. One path was thinking about the demons, another about how close Kit had been to him, yet another about why Tessa had shoved Kit. He tried to direct his focus to the task at hand. 
"The demons?" Ty said in a weak attempt to keep on topic.

Kit turned to him. Ty shivered not liking the way Kit's sharp blue eyes seemed to sheer away his layers of skin and muscle. Leaving Ty as nothing but a skeleton of thoughts and memories.
"They're Eidolons. Could look like anything." Kit said, his tone was not one ty had yet encountered. Sarcasm? No. Explanatory? Slightly but not really. Another Path of thought had been forged in Ty's brain dissecting the properties of Kit's voice. Ty huffed in response not knowing what Kit had meant by that. 
"I... I'm..." Kit was stuttering from nerves. Ty could see in his eyes that he was truly terrified about something. "I'm sorry." Ty was used to people apologising for nothing by now but he felt in his gut that Kit was apologizing for something he had done. 
"What for?" Ty asked. 
"Leaving... It was wrong, then not visiting. I am so sorry." It looked like Kit was about to say something else but Ty interrupted.
"It doesn't matter. It's in the past. We have something else to worry about. Any sign of them Dru?" He said the last part louder, addressing the spot where he last remembered Dru had been standing. When he got no response he turned towards the spot he had addressed to see no trace of anyone. He turned back to see a wide eyed Kit staring at the same spot and scanning the surrounding area. 

Dru was missing...