XLIII - White blood

After we ate some of the sandwiches, Peter and I went upstairs into the rooms Pepper gave us. Peter went into his room without saying anything.
"Peter" I whispered and grabbed his hand. He turned around and looked at me with sad eyes.
"I'm gonna stay with you tonight ok?" I said and let go of his hand. He looked down on the floor and shook his head.
"I can't talk right now," he said and walked into the room.
"We don't have to talk Peter! I just don't want you to be alone" I said and walked after him. He let himself fall into the pillows on the bed and stared at the wall.
"I missed you!" I said quietly and laid down next to him. He turned his head to me and I could see tears in his eyes.
I lifted my hand and wiped away the tears.
"I'm here for you," I said and carefully kissed his scratch on his cheek. He nodded and put his head on my stomach, drawing circles on my shirt.
"I missed you so much and I..." His voice broke and he stopped talking. I went through his hair with my hand and stroke down to his back.

After a while, I felt him breathing calmly and his eyes were closed. I kissed his head and carefully laid him on the pillows. He smiled in his sleep as I tucked him in with a blanket.
I laid down next to him and closed my eyes but I couldn't sleep. There was too much going on in my head and I was still clueless about what happened the past two years. What did he do? Where did he live? Who else got blipped away?

A few hours later I still couldn't sleep so I decided to go outside and walked for a bit. As I walked to the door Peter grabbed my hand and pulled me back onto the bed. He turned around and looked at me.
"Where are you going?" he asked with a smirk and let go of my hand.
"I wanted to go outside and walk a little bit," I said and stood back up.
"Can I come?" He asked and I nodded. He jumped up and put on the hoodie he was wearing earlier.

We sneaked downstairs trying to not wake Pepper or Morgan and walked outside. Peter took my hand and pulled me to one of the benches on the water. I laid down in his lap and looked into the sky. There were almost no clouds and we could see the moon and the stars.
Both of us were not talking. We just sat there looking at the stars. My brain was still wandering around the blip but I didn't know what to ask him.
"Are you ok?" He asked and stroke his fingers through my hair.
"Peter?" I whispered.
"Mhmm?" He hummed and looked down at me.
"What happened when I was gone?" I asked and sat up looking into his eyes.
He sighed and took my hands. His mood changed and he just looked down thinking. I thought about reading his mind but I didn't because I wanted him to tell me what he wanted to tell me.
"I don't know what to tell you," he said honest and looked back up into my eyes.
"You don't have to tell me everything. I just want to know what you have been doing. Where you were living and how you felt. I was gone for 3 years but it felt like 10 minutes, Peter!" I said and he widened his eyes.
"Really? 10 minutes?" He asked shocked and I nodded.
"What was it like?" He asked.
"I don't know how to describe it but it was weird. Everything was bright and I saw people around me but my eyes weren't focusing and I saw someone..." I told him and looked at the water.
"Who?" Peter asked curiously.
"I couldn't see him but... I know that I knew him. He seemed so familiar and he was talking to me! Telling me what happened. That Thanos won but just before he could tell me who he was I came back" I mumbled.
"Wow. I bet it was confusing!" He whispered.
"It was but I can't believe you are 20 now and I am still 18" I sighed and leaned my head against his shoulder.
"Yeah but look it's only two years and you are back now so who cares," he said and smiled softly.

He placed his hand under my jaw and pulled me up to him. His lips wrapped around mine and for a second I forget everything around us. I put my arms around his neck and he pulled my right leg over his lap. Sitting on his lap his hand wandered down to my hips and he pulled me even closer to his chest. I felt butterflies in my stomach and smiled against his lips.
"What?" He asked when I pulled myself away.
"I'm just happy to have you back" I smiled and gave him a quick kiss.
"Now tell me!" I said snuggling into his chest.
"What should I tell you?" He asked confused.
"What did you do while I was gone?" I asked hoping he would answer me this time.
"I still don't know where to start" he sighed.
"Did you go to school?" I helped him out and he nodded.
"Every day?" I asked.
"No," he said and leaned back looking into the sky.
"When did you go?" I asked him.
"The last 2 months" he replied.
"Why didn't you go before?" I dug deeper.
"I was in school for a few days but Ned and everyone I knew in school got blipped away. I didn't know who to talk to so I just went for the first 3 days after the blip and then the past two months." He told me. I was glad he was finally talking a little bit more and I didn't have to pull everything out of him.
"And between that?" I asked carefully.
"I-" he sighed and looked at me. He looked scared and sad at the same time.
"You can tell me!" I whispered and played with his fingers.
"I missed you so much," he said and started crying.
"I thought I lost you forever," he said and I pulled him in a hug.
"I'm back now" I whispered and kissed his shoulder.
"I wasn't handling it well. I was crying all day but Steve, Natasha and... MJ helped me get out of that hole I fell in." He stuttered.
"MJ? Isn't she in our class?" I asked and he nodded. I smiled because I was glad that he had so many people that helped him.
"I felt so bad and I promise that I'm not with her anymore. I'm sorry" he said hectic.
"Why are you apologizing? Were you guys together?" I asked him.
"Because we never broke up or anything and it felt like cheating but she helped me so much" he whispered and more tears rolled down his face.
"Peter! It's ok! You don't have to apologize for anything. She helped you a lot and I am really glad you had her!" I said.
"Really? You are not mad?" he asked carefully.
"No! Why would I be mad Peter? I love you so so much and even if you would still be with her I wouldn't be mad! I am happy as long as you are." I said with tears escaping my eyes. He placed his hand on my neck and pulled me back on his lips. The kiss was soft but neady at the same time.

As much as I wanted to kiss him and never let go, ever again. I backed up and looked at him again, I needed to know more.
"Where did you live?" I asked another question.
"I lived at the compounds, still with Natasha and Steve," he said sadly.
"What is it?" I questioned. A tear fell on his hand and he started crying again. It broke my heart to see him like this. He was always so happy and no one could change that.
"I have to tell you something" he whispered and looked me in the eyes. Worried I took his hands. My heart started racing as he told me to take a deep breath.
"You know how we brought everyone back?" he asked and I shook my head.
"Tony- Tony, and Scott invented time-travel so we could go back in time to collect all the stones, to fill up a new glove. Clint and Natasha needed to go to Vormir. It's a planet from another galaxy, where you can get the would stone. They went there but only Clint came back" Peter finished his sentence and started crying. I wasn't moving, I only stared at Peter waiting for him to tell me that it was a joke. waiting for him to tell me that it's not true.
"This is not true! You are lying" I shouted and stood up.
"I'm sorry" he whispered and with that, I fell on the floor. My knees hit the hard rocks on the ground but I didn't care. Natasha was one of the people I trusted the most and she did the same.

As I sat there crying, Peter stood up and sat down next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I closed my eyes and thought about the conversation I had with Natasha a few years ago.

"Can I talked to you guys about something?" She stepped into my room and sat down next to me and Wanda.
"Sure," Wanda and I said at the same time.
"Do you promise me not to tell anyone?" Natasha said nervously and we nodded.
"I promise" I smiled.
"I already told Wanda this but I have a boyfriend" she started and looked at me.
"That's cute! I'm so happy for you" I said with a big smile.
"Thank you" she whispered and put her hand on mine.
"Now tell us," Wanda said excitedly. Natasha laughed and rolled her eyes at us.
"Well... we want to start a family together. He wants us to buy a house and move together," she said with tears in her eyes and a smile on her face. I jumped excited and hugged her.
"That's amazing Nat!" Wanda said and hugged her too.
"Yeah" she whispered and looked down. Her smile was gone and her tears were now rolling down her face.
"What is it? Are you ok?" I asked worriedly.
"No," she said, crying on Wanda's shoulder. Worried I looked at her, stroking my thumb over the back of her hand.

"I can't get pregnant" she whispered after a while. I didn't know what to do so I just looked at Wanda, who looked as clueless as me.
"I'm so sorry! Did you tell him?" Wanda asked carefully.
"Yeah" Natasha whispered and nodded.
"What did he say?" Wanda pushed further, still hugging her.
"He said that it's ok and that we will find a way together but how are we supposed to do it? It will never be my child" she started sobbing and looked up at us.

"She wanted to start a family! She had a boyfriend!" I said and looked up to Peter.

________

Thank you guys so so much for still reading this story. I am so happy for every comment and vote I get and we are almost at 25k reads. That is incredible! Thank you