Sold| Chapter 4

Ariana's POV

I woke up at exactly 9:12 am the next day. Everything that was bought yesterday was now packed away in their respective areas.

After taking a shower and brushing my teeth, I went downstairs to find Ross watching the television.

"Go get ready, we're having breakfast at Denny's with my parents today." He mumbled without even turning to look at me.

"Good morning to you too." I mumbled and ran upstairs to change my clothes.

I changed into a cute dress and finished the outfit with pink pumps. Not feeling up to it, I decided to ditch the makeup.

"Ready?" He asked when I descended the stairs once again

I nodded and followed him outside to his car.

Well wow Ariana you look nice. Oh thank you Ross I honestly wasn't trying.

How rude.

He doesn't speak much and to be honest, it's starting to bother me. It scares me because I've been with him for three days now and I still have no clue what he intends to do with me. It's awful that my aunt sold me off to a random stranger...but to be honest these have been the best three days of my life compared to the rest. Sure he threatens me all the time, but he has yet to physically harm me...Aunt Marie always hits me...

As expected, Ross hadn't said a single word throughout the whole ride. However, this changed when he pulled up in the parking lot of the diner.

"Keep your mouth shut and act normal, as far as they're concerned, you're my girlfriend. Got it?"

I remained quiet and simply nodded.

We exited the car and he took my hand in his, interlocking our fingers. A blush rose on my cheeks when he started to trace shapes on my skin with his thumb and it only got worse when he opened the door of the small diner for me. I took a deep breath as he led me over to the booth where his family sat, laughing and talking among themselves. There were two older individuals who I presumed were his parents and five other individuals who I'm guessing are his siblings. They seemed to be around my age or maybe a bit older.

"Hey guys."

Everyone at the booth smiled and the voices got louder as they all greeted Ross.

"And who is this fine young lady Ross?" His mother asked with a small smile on her face. Everyone immediately turned their attention to me and I used my free arm to grab Ross' bicep. I've always hated being around too many people I don't know at once and I especially hate it when they're all looking at me.

So uncomfortable.

We sat down and Ross wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me in close to his side. "This is my girlfriend Ariana, Ari, this is my family...well some of them anyways." He grinned and it honestly left me awestruck. I wasn't even aware he was capable of smiling. Fake or not, he looked so much cuter and even more youthful with a grin on his face.

And apparently we're on nickname basis now.

The next few minutes quickly passed by as his family members introduced themselves to me. Turns out they weren't all his siblings. The only guy at the table with brown hair is Ellington, The Lynch's close friend that was considered family. His parents are Stormie and Mark Lynch. Then there are his two older brothers, Riker and Rocky, his younger brother Ryland and his only sister, Rydel.

After talking to all of them, though against my will, I learned that they're actually really nice people. If they only knew the truth that I wasn't actually Ross' girlfriend...

Mark called over a waiter and everyone began to place their orders.

"Hey, what do you want to eat?" Ross asked looking down at me.

I shook my head. "Nothing, I'm not hungry."

He frowned. "Bullshit, you haven't eaten anything in three days."

"I've went longer without food Ross. Honestly, I'm fine."

He clenched his jaw and glared at me, I bit my lip and looked away from him, realizing that I had unintentionally pissed him off.

"And you sir?" The waiter turned to Ross after he took everyone else's orders.

"I'll have a tofu omelet."

"And you miss?"

"Not-"

"She'll have a jumbo chickpea pancake, a tofu omelet and a detox green monster smoothie." Ross cut me off.

The waiter wrote it down and walked away.

Feeling annoyed that he did that, I spoke up. "Ross I said I wasn't hungry."

"If you don't eat you'll die and I don't need you dying on me." He rolled his eyes.

His family cooed and awed at us, but there was nothing cute about this. Now he's force feeding me as well? What next?

While we waited for our food, they all jumped right back into conversation with each other. While they had a jolly good time, laughing and making jokes, I kept to myself. They're not my family and I don't want to be here, therefore I'm not going to speak to any of them. Besides, Ross told me to keep my mouth shut when we got here, I'm doing nothing wrong.

I was playing games on my phone when Ross suddenly removed his arm from around my waist to rest his hand on my thigh. I ignored him, but then he made it clear that he demanded my attention by sliding his hand further up under my dress to my womanhood. I jumped from the shock, but kept quiet, hoping his family wouldn't realize what was happening under the table..

I tried to remove his hand, but it wouldn't budge. He leaned over and growled into my ear. "Stop being a little bitch and don't annoy me. You don't want me to hurt you Ariana."

I really don't.

His words sent shivers throughout my body and for the next hour, I sat beside him and ate with his hand under my dress.

--------------------------------------

After Ross and I left the diner, he drove us back to his place. I didn't wait on him to get out of the car. I ran into the house and went straight to my room.

After what just happened, I don't exactly feel comfortable being around him anymore.

A few minutes passed before he came into my room and sat in front of me on the bed.

He cleared his throat. "I'm sorry...I...I shouldn't have done that."

Pardon?! Is he actually apologizing or is this a dream?

"What?" I asked with a frown, feeling beyond confused at this point. I honestly didn't expect an apology.

"What I did at the diner was unnecessary and I'm sorry."

"I-It's fine."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded "Y-Yeah. It's fine." It's absolutely not but I'm not going to risk getting you angry again.

He nodded his head and mumbled ok before standing from the bed. He walked to the door and opened it, but he didn't leave.

"Ariana?"

"Yeah?"

"You look beautiful today...sorry I didn't say it earlier." And then he left me red faced, feeling like I was going crazy.

What does this man want from me?