Chapter 7: The Arrival of Lance

A/N: Finally back again for another chapter! Hope you are all enjoying it so far. But like every story I write, there will only be ten chapters, just so you all know. Anyway, enjoy!

Third Person P.O.V

You had just finished the final act of Wonderworld. Going through the different worlds was an amazing experience. You met so many new inhabitants who turned out to be really nice in the end.

Balan was pretty much certain that the balance of your heart had been restored, and began to think that it was time for you to go home.

"Well, that was interesting." You said as you changed out of your costume. You were now in the theatre with Balan after defeating the final boss and finishing the final act.

"It sure was. You were INCREDIBLE! The way you fought off those Negaties was to die for!" Balan exclaimed, he seemed to be having a fanboy moment to you, and you found it adorable.

"Hopefully that's all the Negaties defeated. I guess this means that... you can go home."

Balan was still grinning but it didn't seem to feel the same. This indicated to you that he probably didn't want you to leave. But at the same time, you didn't want to either.

"But... it can't be over already... can it?"

You asked with a gloomy expression. Balan looked as if he was about to answer until a voice cut in.

"Oh, I think it is over. Well, for you at least. But for me, it's just starting."

The tall figure who spoke revealed himself from the darkness of the void that appeared so suddenly.

"LANCE?!" Balan yelled in horror. He didn't think he'd see the day when Lance would return.

"Yes, Balan. You didn't think I was gone for good, did you?" Lance gritted his teeth when he said Balan's name as he leaned into him with an evil grin. Balan only clutched his hands in anger but it didn't really seem to be showing on his face.

Your P.O.V

"And who's your new lady friend?" Lance turned to me and pointed. His sentence made me blush for a millisecond but then I snapped back into reality.

"I'm, (y/n). I've saved all the inhabitants from negativity. So now, you can't do anything." I tried to be confident.

"Yes, I heard. Bravo." He gave a sarcastic slow clap.

"And I can do something. I think you've forgotten that you still need to find your balance."

Lance had a stern expression on his face as he started deeply into my eyes and I stared deeply into his. It's like he saw inside my head and knew all of my fears.

"Leave her be, Lance. Your fight is with me. Not her." Balan interrupted to try and protect me. I gave him a little nod as a 'thank you'.

Lance chuckled at Balan, mockingly. Leaving Balan to feel even more angry.

"Balan? Are you okay?" I asked him in a whisper tone while Lance was distracted by himself laughing.

"I'm fine, darling. Just stay behind me, alright?" He seemed to have a plan. I nodded in response and stood behind him.

"Please! You think you are gonna protect her?!" Lance broke into laughter again. But this time, it sounded more menacing.

Soon before I knew it, Lance was transforming into a huge beast. The theatre then turned into a dark void, as if Lance himself decorated it in his own evil way.

"We'll see about that!" The beast yelled in a low, gravelly voice. It then roared as if it wanted to battle.

"(Y/n)?" Balan turned to me while I was still behind him.

"Y-yeah?"

"How do you feel about using that singing voice of yours?"

A/N: Oooooh, looks like we're in for a brawl, ladies and gentlemen! Hope you enjoyed this chapter because I certainly enjoyed writing it for you all.

Stay tuned, my fellow Bookworms!